#24 Craig Bird - Delisted

It would have been handy to play Bird in more games this year.

I’ve always been a bit “meh” with Bird. His style is so blue collar, and it can be difficult to appreciate it.

But the game he did play in we looked pretty good (albeit assisted by a St Kilda side that couldn’t kick straight). However his stats weren’t amazing having only spent 66% time on ground.

So I don’t know if he helps us or not, because we simply haven’t seen enough of him in the AFL.

Only vaguely now. I think Bird, Parish and Langford were in the second team. I think Heppell, Jobe, Stanton were in the main one, and Zerrett. The “first” team was certainly far more returning players. But its all a bit fuzzy.

There would be a thread on it somewhere.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, if you don’t remember who was in each team properly how do you remember his team winning and him being a strong part of that? And no I am not having a go at you, just curious.

But he doesn’t have the leadership qualities of those other guys

Because you remember take-aways. Mine were that the “B” team’s midfield performed pretty damn well, that Bird was very good, that Langford we also good, that Bags was terrible.

1 Like

Not surprised Bags was terrible, he isn’t much of a midfielder.

Can we start a petition to bring him in?

3 Likes

I tried but he obviously doesn’t have one of Woosha’s gold passes

5 Likes

Feel for the bloke
Must feel hard done by given the fact watson, myers howlett etc get games ahead of him

2 Likes

It’s a bit sad really. Should be playing.

Farking play him.

Hopefully today is the impetus to bring him in at the expense of Myers and he holds his spot

1 Like

6 days ago was the impetus to play him.

Actually, probably 6 weeks ago he should have been in the team. He is not in the plans for next year I assume so he will be looking for a new home, which is a shame because he is in our best 22.

2 Likes

But Myers is just about to come good. Right? Right?

It’s Watson he should be replacing.

3 Likes

Should be coming into the side to replace either one of Watson or Myers

Edit: he won’t be selected

Should of been in a lot earlier in the season, then when he came in he should never of been dropped

But then again worsfold has no clue so i expect bird to stay in the 2s

1 Like

Assuming Watson doesn’t play then Bird is the like for like replacement - Though in this case I wouldn’t select Bird because Parish and Goddard can spend more time in the midfield.

If Bird is overlooked next week, then he’s reached pelican-status.

2 Likes

Have they forgotten how good his grunt work was last year??!

2 Likes

You would be forgiven for thinking what he did for the team last year would have earned him a lot of points with the coaches but obviously it didnt

1 Like