Censored Words

Reminder…

So that’s why we’ve got a censored words filter. When I first made the switch to Discourse I quickly typed in the most common swears I could think of, but those who are fans of foul language took advantage of this.

Recently I downloaded a huge grab-bag of swears (which is a funny read, if I’m honest) which means some fairly tame words are being censored. And that’s upsetting some posters.

1. Trying to get around the swear filter can lead to a ban (loosely enforced, but still possible).
  2. If there’s a word you reckon shouldn’t be filtered, PM me. Just complaining about it in random threads doesn’t typically lead to anything being done.
  3. Try not swearing?
  4. There is no four.

Rolo

3 Likes

Make it M rated.

Also there’s a huge difference between swearing and swearing at someone

8 Likes

WTF?

1 Like

i say don’t amend the list, some of the hissy fits are hilarious. whingers gonna whinge.

3 Likes

What about swearing in match threads only? That’s when this joint goes 100 % asylum, and I love it.

1 Like

Try not swearing? #%$& that.

[][][][] you

I used the word l u s t in a response in the ‘songs you haven’t heard in years’ thread, as far as I am aware l u s t is not a swear word.

4 Likes

Well Rolo, not sure about your views on this, but it is your site and I respect any decision you make. I will just continue to call Tripper bad words under my breath !!

1 Like

■■■■ you Rolo, you ■■■■■■■ mother ■■■■■■ piece of ■■■■ ■■■■■■■■

2 Likes

Lol, farkface is apparently ok

5 Likes

Haha, well done.

Get fair dinkum, ya ■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■.

Un-Australian for us poor ■■■■■■■ s not being able to use those ■■■■■■ words.

Going through all the threads having a read, you are going to be busy with the ban button.

That approach always applied but was mostly leniently enforced. The ones complaining the most (and therefore the most likely to read this thread) are usually the ones extracting the urine the most when it comes to creative spelling. They know what they’re doing.

Now warned!

P.S. Filter is taking the ■■■■.

■■■■■ farker

This is one of the funniest ones. The blocked out word is ‘m u t h a’ but the word farker is fine.

The swear police are the saddest of all the police.

@Riolio, is this a legal thing, or a google adwords thing?

■■■■■

Vagina

Having the word ‘sex’ filtered out is pretty hardcore Hyacinth Bucket stuff to be honest.

But the overzealousness of the filter doesn’t annoy me as much as the inconsistency. A while back I wrote a post that used the word ‘■■■■■■■’ twice (it was in the climate change thread and I was replying to daytripper, so that’s my excuse), but one ■■■■■■■ was ■■■■■■■ well filtered out but the other one ■■■■■■■ well wasn’t.

4 Likes
1 Like

It’s a ‘this is the way Blitz has always been’ thing.

But that’s open to discussion.

1 Like