Changes for Roos

Out: Green
In: Francis

Like for like.

8 Likes

By like for like do you mean the red hair?

5 Likes

Have I missed this “form” that J Merrett is supposed to be in? Named in bests only once in past 8 weeks on SportingPulse…

Surely it’s Laverde for Green? IMO that’s a no brainer. Laverde is hardly a truck. I think he’s got enough ground level ability & speed to give us what Green does in the forward 50.

1 Like

OUT: Green, Bird
IN: Lav, Watson

3 Likes

IN :

8 Likes

7 goals in the past 3 weeks doesn’t seem too shabby and he has the backing of the one and only “The DJR”.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/round-13-essendon-v-fark-northern-windy-hill-2-10pm-saturday-15-july-2017/10956/168?u=scarey

3 Likes

Just going by the general consensus bird wasn’t in as good a form as he was when people were saying he should get a game.

If you run with selection at present is based on sustained form, and not just solely recent, again going by the reports you’d think Begley is first cab off the rank.

I get why people want lav in, But I think you have to reward people who have been in good form for most of the year at VFL level.
Nothing against Lav, no doubt if he keeps it up he will get his chance sooner than later.

But for me, and again going by the reports of begley being in good form, you just not reward that sustained good form now that there’s a spot open. you can’t say IMO oh there’s no spot for you in previous weeks, just keep plugging along, doing what you’re doing, and when a spot opens up, you will mostly likely fill it, only to turn around when that time comes and say, well lav kicked 5 or 6 so we are gonna pick him instead, and you had a quite day so yeah, sorry but just keep plugging away and at some point you’ll get a chance.

1 Like

[quote=“Valtello_Starkwind, post:306, topic:10972, full:true”]
IN :

[/quote]

2 Likes

If Lav is in our best 22, which I believe he is although not sure who for, he needs to be up and running come round 24.
So he is in this week or next. Considering Green is out, and I don’t know if there will be a more obvious out next week, he should come in now.

Norf to be in full tank mode. Started their rebuild this year ditching the big 4, looking for some handy draft picks to complement their up and coming youngsters.

This is a pretty good argument. The main counter is will he have the tank to provide as much defensive pressure as Green.

We also dread the thought of Lav getting over fatigued and becoming reckless and sloppy in his actions, because we know what happens then …

I reckon if he plays it would be at 60 to 70% game time.

We could do worse that park him in the goal square for a rest and he could do a Dangerfield.

Could really cause havoc trying to get the right match up for him in that role.

Depends if Lav has met any fitness targets?

I’d go with Begely for this week.

Green out means BBB IN

1 Like

As much as I want Lav in I think it’s Begley’s turn.

1 Like

Looks like Waite will be back for them. Can’t wait to see him kick a bag of 6 in the first half before he does a hamstring in the third with them up by 5 goals.

2 Likes

The shirtfront that wasn’t paid a free, maybe even a fifty to them somehow, and a deliberate against Hooker that wouldn’t even be paid today.

Then there was 2015 when Smack wasn’t allowed to take a mark.

I didn’t see LAV after this week’s game but he was the sorest of all the players after the North Ballarat game (his second back). It was funny watching him slowly shuffle while old man Hocking spryly overtook him.

If LAV is judged to be fully fit, he’s absolutely got my vote this week. Yes, it’s a different setup, but it’ll work.

1 Like

In - Watson, Begley
Out - Bird, Green (inj)

Bird is depth in my view, good depth but depth none the less. Begley comes in for Green over Laverde due to his higher level of fitness. Defensive work probably the most important aspect of the small forward role.

2 Likes

Out: Hepps-rested In: Jobe

Out: Green In:Lav.

Leave Bird in, if anything, the Roos have a couple hard nuts in the middle.

1 Like

4 Likes