Changes for Roos

They’re happy with him, as long as he gets through training tomorrow he is available for selection. Obviously expect him to come through the vfl

1 Like

Really really obvious changes this week.

In: Watson, LAV
Out: Bird, Green

Bird was good and doesn’t deserve to be dropped, but Watson will not play VFL.

18 / 3 ? He got 12 / 2?

Green expected to miss a few weeks

Out: Green
In: Watson

Colyer plays more forward.

1 Like

NO MATTER WHAT
I SAY OR DO
SO IN LAV WITH LAV

2 Likes

Heppell rests this week.
Goddard rests next week.
Kelly rests the week after (when Ambrose comes in, and we trial a taller defence against the Blues…Caz, Curnow, McKay?)

Bird gets a good go at it whilst the older mids get a rest.
If he has a shocker this week, Langford takes his place.

BBB debuts in Green’s absence, then Laverde comes in against the Bulldogs.

Done.
/thread

1 Like

lav or begley for Green
watson for bird.

I came into this thread expecting to read that Paul Roos was in the formative stages of becoming Paula Roos.

Kinda glad it isn’t about that. Carry on.

2 Likes

1 Like

Well surely Laverde comes in.

Lav and Jobe for Green and Hepp (rested)

It’s official, Green out for at least 2 weeks.

I’m with @Valtello_Starkwind, I would favour Lav coming in, I would bet on him being better than his opponent in terms of at least one of the following:

1. Speed
  2. Strength
  3. Spring and or height

He is a hard match up IMO.

Alternatively Woosha may go for the established fitness and form of Jerrett and given he is more like for like with Green.

Injury update - July 18

Simon Conway July 18, 2017 3:34 PM

BTV: SKINS Injury Update - July 18 - With High Performance Manager, Justin Crow.
(see website for video)

Josh Green is set to miss the next two matches with a hamstring strain.

The Essendon forward suffered some discomfort during the win over St Kilda.

Subsequent scans have confirmed a strain and the 24 year old has been ruled out of Saturday’s match against North Melbourne.

“He came off with hamstring tightness and pulled up quite well the next day but we had it scanned just in case,” High Performance Manager Justin Crow said.

“He’s got a strain in the epimysium which is the layer around the hamstring muscle.

“These are low grade injuries but we’ve got to respect it as well.

“Normally with this you miss two weeks, but it can be as quick as one and as long as three.

“Our best guess is that Josh will miss a couple of weeks of footy.”

Jobe Watson is set to resume after he was rested last weekend.

Patrick Ambrose is also in line for a return.

The defender hasn’t played since ANZAC Day because of back-to-back quad injuries.

“We had a scan to check the stage of healing in the quad,” Crow said.

“The Doctor consulted with a radiologist and they’re both comfortable that it’s at a state of healing where he can play, which is great news for Paddy.

“He’s done a power of work, we’re comfortable for him to play a full match and be available for selection, obviously pending main training tomorrow.”

More By Simon Conway

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-07-18/injury-update-july-18

3 Likes

I get the impression Woosha is a good communicator, not the sort who tells players they are dropped on twitter, or find out they have been delisted in the Sun one morning in October. He would explain all the reasons and conditions around selection and expectations.

what we want
Begley of lav for Green (cos of injury)

What we will get
Howlett for green

1 Like

Last time Green was out it was Howlett who came in, so that has some substance, but Lav wasn’t available then and BBB has been an emergency a fair bit.

Jerrett is a real chance though given his recent form and the fact he is a lot more of a similar player.

I had forgotten about Watson.

He will come back in, I can’t see him being the Green replacement, so as everyone else has been saying it will either be Bird or they will rest maybe Hepp, which I think is probably the best option if fatigue is the issue for him.

Forward 50 pressure would have to be a huge reason for picking a replacement. We have clunkers and crumbers, but would really hope to have another buzzing player to harass.

Who fits the bill out of Jerrett, Begley, Howlett, and Lav?

Bring like in for like, or just re-deploy Trav to do the Green role 100% and bring in Stants on the wing ? If we go like for like, Jerret is a possibility. Big Boi or Lav mean quite a change to the way we structure the forward line.

1 Like

I put Lav into google and this came up.

Seems accurate, looks arrogant

7 Likes

They can all rest for a week before finals if we make them. In the mean time let’s just play our best available side every game.

2 Likes