Changes V Freo

The direct quote from Woosha in the press conference is “provided Jobe is feeling fresh and ready to go he will play”

Uh huh …:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I always wondered if Jobe may not play- he may feel that his inclusion is not in our best 22 at present- and his integrity & selflessness would not allow him to play if he felt this.

As if he won’t play. There are 10,000 Jobe face masks going out to the crowd

8 Likes

Lol. Could be awkward.

1 Like

Saints getting desperate. Montagna texting Ross Lyons to do them a favour :roll_eyes:

Ross Lyon says injury-plagued recruit will play against Essendon

EAD Montagna

2 Likes

Ross lyon is just a smug arrogant turd isn’t he? Fmd.

“I’m a career coach”

Allegedly.

Could just give one to Bird, or Langers.

4 Likes

Any chance we bring in Francis for a game and move Connor or McGrath to the wing?

1 Like

I doubt it. Francis was “rested” last week wasnt he?

1 Like

Yeah this will happen (if not Myers then someone else)

Essendon will win 9.12 to 7.7. Margin will barely change after 1/4 time when both teams park the bus. Mayweather will win on judge’s decision after landing about three punches to McGregor’s 0.5. Samatau will pss in the reward challenge despite editing making it look closer than it was. All three blokes will strike out on If You Are The One. And we will all go to bed completely underwhelmed - expecting nothing and still being let down.

3 Likes

RIP in peace Hurls.

See you next season.

1 Like

I was pretty happy with the changes last week… and the side is getting closer to what I think our best line up is.

The thought that Colyer should come back… yuck. Did not miss his 3 fumbles and 2 shanked kicks at all.

I’d just make the one, forced, change and bring Watson in for Green. They don’t play the same role, but I would move McGrath into the forward pocket with the mission to run, chase and tackle. He is fast enough and can play a defensive role. That would still leave McKenna and Gleeson as attacking options of HB.

I’d drop Myers before I dropped Bird… I mean I’d be tempted to drop Myers for Watson and bring in another kid for Green. His disposal eff hovers under 55% most games and that really isn’t good enough… no matter what your role is. Bird offers 5 possessions and 2 tackles more per game… with 81% disposal eff vs 68% in a very similar role…

1 Like

McGrath played wing last week.

Can’t believe you didn’t notice it.

Yeah he was, stranger things have happened this year.

I think he played three roles… he dropped back in the first half and then had a run on the ball and on the wing in the second half… I thought it was a highlight of an otherwise pretty ■■■■■■ game.

Gives me confidence he could fill the ‘fantasia’ role (speedy forward who roams up the ground… fanta had almost being playing a forward pocket/winger hybrid role) this week and thus not force us into selecting Colyer or dropping Bird to make way for Watson… which is what I am afraid will happen.

1 Like

Last year Freo beat Bulldogs in the last round.
It gave them 4 wins for the season…

2 Likes

They did that at home, for Pavlich’s last game.

If they can’t get motivated at home, for their last ever game at Domain, in front of a stadium filled with their fans. Why would they be any more motivated at Etihad?