Jake Stringer - Nominates Essendon

Mick Warner from On the couch just mentioned he thinks Stringer will get to Essendon

2 Likes

If we going to trade out 11 might as well use it for Stringer.

A few media journalists are saying Stringer to Essendon now.

Exactly my point to Youngbarry

1 Like

■■■■, that means he’s going to Geelong

Nah he’s coming to us. Tom Browne twice this week has said he’s going to Essendon with a few others saying the same.

Tom Browne deserves a bit of credit imo.

Seems one of the good ones.

I didn’t believe him with the “Ryder wanting out” but he was right.

I think Jake Niall was the first to go with it.

Yes he’s another one that seems to get good mail.

Tom Browne
Jake Naill
Mick Warner

Those 3 imo (not because of Stringer to EFC) are the ones i normally pay attention too.

7 Likes

Tom Browne seems pretty close with Essendon, gotten a lot of stories. Was all over the Carlisle trade a few years ago.

I’d take what he says about Essendon with a lot more confidence than I would Stevens or Barrett.

Barrett didn’t even have one fkn clue Goddard would join Essendon, he was on triple m the week Goddard signed and brought up every club he was a possibility of joining except Essendon. He said he was most likely to join Fremantle!

13 Likes

you hate losing ? do you think you should be playing afl cos of that one fact ?

goddards was cooked last year. it’s only sentiment and guilt that has kept him on the list this year and next.
but if he stays it’ll be one of the reasons why we probably won’t improve that much behind 7th/8th.

no good hating losing if you can’t do what you could 5 plus years ago, and require to be carried, esp on the defensive side of the game.
But it’s more to do with once you add in hepp, myers, zaka there’s a group of 4 players in the supposed best 22 who you have to carry defensively.
you can’t do it with one, let alone 4, let alone all being midfielders.

But hey, what do i know, not as if defense has ever won a grand final hey. no, it’s most just a bunch of guys pointing around making other people do it that really works so well.

1 Like

I genuinely fear for your well-being if he doesn’t.

1 Like

Nino has passed the point of no return.

Ninostradamus

2 Likes

I don’t understand the hatred for Goddard with some Essendon fans.

The bloke came to Esssendon hoping to win a flag but walked into the biggest ■■■■ storm the AFL has ever seen. He had every right to crack the sads and terminate his contract to go to another club but he didn’t instead he embraced club and became the spoke person which he didn’t have too.

The bloke is a legend.

87 Likes

It will be interesting how much licence Skipworth will be given to change things up.

Our midfield is snail paced and I think that contributes a lot to how non-existent we are defensively.

3 Likes

It may be more attractive an option to the Dogs?

In my opinion it is as simple as this. He lacks speed and he is an older player who didn’t start his career with us.

Because of that people think he is expendable.

We shall be reminded again why this is wrong on Thursday night.

6 Likes