Midfield Woes: Instant fix

Yeah, until he got injured Colyer was in career best form.

But again, that was first half of the year.

Hibbo was unlucky enough to actually play games late in 2015

That’s the one memory I’ve been unable to erase, 90% of the side missing and a small few unable to get injured/dropped and thus avoid the reputational damage.

How come the f##ken tin rattlers can afford 9 mill for 9 years for Kelly. The f##ken AFL must be sponsoring them.

They dumped all the players on massive wages and they are banking on the TPP increase.

TPP player increases are only as good as the monry in the bank. No money, no 9 mil…

To quote myself

3 Likes

Yes, it is baffling that people do not understand how a basic salary cap works.

4 Likes

1 Like

Yeah a no /yes design maybe. Two factors here

1. was keeping Myers and Kelly
  2. and two a change is as good as a holiday and relishing a change of clubs and not being so much in the spotlight

I understand the salary cap mate. It was just a smart a#se comment by me towards these tin rattlers clubs. These clubs and supporters fa#ken annoy me, in how they boast their clubs are great.

4 Likes

If only there were no other clubs.

2 Likes

but there are and more than ever, keep the faith, if we can keep solidarity this year, we will be ready next.

That’s not entirely true. There are still plenty of deals done with players with third party financial arrangements. Warren Buffets fortune would provide
a range of ‘other’ opportunities when attracting and keeping star players.

1 Like

Yeah. Direct financial arrangements would mostly be covered by the ASA, but networking, investment opportunities, etc are definitely something that clubs can use to differentiate themselves. Just not officially.

If we had Buffett level cash You could start a - separate to the club - players retirement fund which hands out lifetime pensions to Essendon players based on their games played for the club.

So sure you can take the 9 mill over 9 years at the Roos, but how about 400k pension for the rest of you life should you take a shittier deal and play at Essendon.

As long as it is completely separate from the club, funded and payed outside the AFL they couldn’t do ■■■■ about it.

We’re getting a bit far afield, but if a club did something that brazen, the AFL would make a disrepute ruling and penalise them into the dirt.

1 Like

Agreed but just for the record:

We did not “lose” them.

They were effectively stolen from us by the AFL/Vlad/Gill in their desperation to have a scapegoat that ended up in the Sorry Saga.

That the Saga caused them to leave was one thing. That the AFL hierarchy did nothing to see that we got anywhere even remotely near equitable terms for a player like Ryder just makes things even worse and makes those ( contemptible arseholes ) even worse in my eyes.

5 Likes

OH NOES WILL!!!

GWS are giving Harry Perryman a go in front of you… can you believe it.

Mate, seriously, the Essendon Football Club is where you are meant to be. Just lock it in.

4 Likes

What about Rocky? At his best he is an absolute gun. Would really compliment our midfield and a good age for our list profile.

Setterfield is still out injured for another 5-7wks IIRC after serious ankle injury

Good for us if he isn’t playing however