Round 14 Essendon v Casey Demons @ Casey “Very Out” Fields, 7pm Saturday 22 July 2017

A couple of very rubbish pics. ISO8000, crap light and i couldnt be bothered fixing the white balance. And yes, the away jumper looks like a pyjama top.

11 Likes

Crappy viewing behind the goals for three quarters, but…

If Ambrose feels good coming out of this, BRING HIM IN.

Dea did a few nice things, Francis good in the first half.

Redman caught the eye tonight. Aggressive.

Ferry was great.

Stanton had a particularly good first half, even if it doesn’t appear to have shown in the headline stats.

We got pretty much nothing from our forwards: Smack never clicked, Longy’s highlights (and lowlights) were mostly encompassed in thirty seconds, nothing from Boyse, Begley alright up the field in the first half before disappearing.

Hard to rate many of the midfielders when we got beat there for much of the night.

In the end: they ran it better, especially into the wind. We did respond with decent pressure after the awful first quarter. Our forward line was impotent. Both teams were awful at kicking at goal, many on the fulls.

9 Likes

Oh yeah, and I came prepared in my Jarmy Army pants… underneath my actual pants.

5 Likes

Brown played very well yesterday. Ambo held him to one solitary goal last year in a winning side. Lets see what the match committee say to your proposition on Thursday .

Dogs don’t have any decent forwards so I’d think he would spend another week in the twos to get him right

1 Like

HepA was dropped not injured, per him being released back to the local leagues.

Nth Ballarat beat Fark Northern!!! Northern were 6-1 and have since lost 6 games in a row :rofl:

That also means that the lowest we can drop after every team gets even on 14 games played is eighth, despite our loss to Casey.

Why not let him get back into the swing of things against Redpath in prep for Charlie Curnow/Levi Casboult/Harry McKay the following week.

Probably would have to play Harts in the twos though, if they pick Cloke, Hurls will manage.

We will have to be careful not to be too slow down back though, the Dogs did play a very small forward line this week, Hurls could probably have managed with Dea, Gleeson, MCG, Conor and Kells.

Cheers to those who went to siberia to give us coverage of the game, pity we couldn’t get the result. Did francis play on wiedeman?

Lol…nailed it!

2 Likes

I haven’t been following along but has HepA dropped off that badly?!

1 Like

Dunno how much is the anonymous hairdo, but yeah.

Nobby has accumulated a few times, but also should be glad he’s the captain.

1 Like

Is there anyone with speed in the twos? Strikes me that they’re all in the ones.

Maybe Jake Long.

Morgan

Hind.

Oh, damn.

1 Like

SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!! :zipper_mouth_face:

I’m not sure we will see him now. Possibly if the seniors drop a couple of games and finals are not possible he may get a look. But he looks to me like just getting through a vfl season (and hopefully VFL finals) is physically a good effort given how he plays.

4 Likes

As much as we bemoan the lack of inside mids coming through (despite many younger prospects drafted recently), we’re still pretty light on for outside mids as well. Which may be Colyer’s saving grace at the moment.

2 Likes

Stats are up. Team stats are very similar except Casey had 44 extra handballs (working their way into the wind) and we won hit-outs easily (58-30).

In Dreamteam order:

Bird 28 disposals and 9 tackles
Loony 39 hit-outs and 10 tackles
Hocking 25 and 8 tackles (and an angled set shot goal, utterly unworried by the wind)
Dea 17 and 9 tackles
Howlett 19 and 9 tackles
Langford 19 and 6 tackles
Merrett 13 and 1.3
Mutch 22
Redman 21
Stanton 15 (I’m confused)
Ambrose 16
Nobby 18
Francis 14 and 1 goal as a defender in three quarters
Ferry 15
Clarke 9 and 7 tackles
McKernan 12 and 1.2
Long 14 and 0.2 (that plus a further miss all in one minute of chaos)
Begley 8 and 1.0
Boyse 9 and 0.1
Draper 3 and 16 hit-outs
Hind 9 and 1.0
Morgan 7
The Traveller 7

1 Like

My feeling is that Begley needs to get more of the ball before playing seniors.

1 Like

The Morgan stats, if accurate, are fascinating. Basically, every possession must have stood out because he used his pace. He accumulated virtually nothing. There’s a lesson in there methinks - start using your strength very very soon or get delisted very very soon.

Bird is plug and play. You know what you’ll get at both levels and he’s reliable. Balancing up the senior side is the biggest issue for his future. Legit old school footballer. He’s the one most deserving of promotion on outright performance and imo would play seniors in several sides. But Jobe, Hepp, Myers etc are there.

Langers, if they insist on the midfield role (I’m in the 70/30 Forward camp fwiw, and reverse that for Lav) needs Diesel to watch his tapes and work on his stoppages positioning. Put himself in no-mans-land too often imo.

2 Likes