Round 5 Essendon v Geelong @ Windy Hill, 12pm Saturday May 13 2017

I think you just need to learn to relax when people have a difference of opinion to yours on players. It’ll save your blood pressure.

2 Likes

Over the top criticism of our players is very rare, and I think just about everyone believes there is no place for it. But a handful of posters equate any criticism with vicious attacks, which is BS.

I’m not interested in a circle jerk. I want to be able to discuss the nuts and bolts of footy with people interested in taking about the game and our club. The good and the bad.

There are handful of posters who want to shut down any criticism, however warranted, of our players. It’s pretty tiresome, and typically theae types can’t handle any of their opinions being challenged. Maybe these posters need to find a safe space. Or any subjective critique of our club should be accompanied by a trigger warning for their benefit.

6 Likes

And if they reckon he had something to learn st half back? If there wasn’t a spot for him forward? If they wanted to see if he could be useful kicking out of back 50? If they’d put him head to head on someone all day?

Most pointless of pointless criticisms I reckon.
Drager’s played forward, Clarke’s been on the wing or half forward, Jacko Merrett at half back, and so on and so forth. This suggestion that it means the player’s failing or failed is really immature and frankly crap.

And if you don’t have a problem with our best player being played out of position- why do you have a problem with a 3 gamer being moved around in the seconds?

1 Like

Read my original post. There was no criticism of him, in fact I was just loling at the fact another Essendon player was being moved away from their original intended target aka Francis, Hooker, Myers etc. That’s when some people lost their minds again and started sooking again, people once again read into it whatever they think and suddenly they think I had a huge problem.

I never said I had an opinion on Zerrett either way I never brought him into the discussion in the first place. But regardless I think a champion young midfielder spedning a few mins mopping up down back is a little bit different to a lead up medium forward going down back because he can’t get near it. And doesn’t the fact that Jerrett is playing at half-back mean him playing midfield has failed? But whatever.

Obviously people having a sook about a throwaway “lol” isn’t pointless. But of course it’s OK to say Myers can’t play down back, isn’t it? Blitz is so touchy these days.

This.

1 Like

Not sure if srs?

Been here for absolute years under different usernames.

There seems to be far less people on the site in general?

Or at least posting?

Not sure, just seems that way.

Yeah, I’ve had that clear sense too, … far less.

And I know several who used to be, and avoid it like the plague these days, and a number more who have sworn off for good.

He didn’t look too bad back there. They have to do something as he literally did not touch the footy first half

I could never swear off this place.

I walked away for about 3 months when they sacked Sir James… but even then I eventually got drawn back in with the draft.

I read this website like it was a novel… and I quietly love 99% of everything within it.

5 Likes

No! Hence why I made comment!

It could mean almost anything, including nothing at all.

Can’t deny people became so saga weary.

People will come back as we start chalking up more wins than not hopefully from here on in.

Fark it’s been tough though.

Heading towards 15 years of mediocrity unfortunately.

im 42, sonwas bleesed to be a kid when we win 84-85, and then 19 when 1993.
Then sustained finals till we win 2000.

I really feel for the guys that have been teenagers from 2003>>>>.

How their experience has been so different.

Need to nail the draft again, and that includes securing hopefully a good player from another club.

I fear if we don’t get some success in playing finals over the next couple years, the club membership might really plummet.

A lot of people are just clinging to post saga hope. But the reality is a few of our ageing guns are past peak and not far off retiring.

I’m too scared to look past right now, because yet again there are just so many unknowns with how our recent recruits might develop.

3 Likes

This club is on the rise so hang in there!

Our aging guns are actually holding us back not keeping us afloat.

Are we still talking about Blitz posters here?

8 Likes

If my blitz career was a footballer it’d be Mark Baguley.

It could also mean that Jerrett has failed as a midfielder, and they’re trying to find another spot for him.

I don’t even understand what you’re arguing and why you’re arguing it? Do people just do it for the sake of it?

You say yourself it could mean anything any yet refute the most logical answer. If you still think Jerrett is going to become a great midfielder and that him playing everywhere but midfield in the reserves is some sort of learning plan than all the best to you. I swear people argue for no reason on Blitz now.

I would be surprised if Jackson gets his contract renewed at end of year let alone playing midfield.

He’s 24 and hasn’t shown a lot this year in the VFL.

Hmmm …

1 Like

It could mean that. It could mean something else. In Redman’s case, I just don’t know, and neither do you.

I guess it’s one of the great mysteries of life!