B: Grimes, Rance Vlastuin
HB: B Ellis Astbury Houli
C: Grigg, Martin Edwards
HF: Lambert Riewoldt Rioli
F: Townsend Caddy Butler
Foll: Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I/C: McIntosh Graham Castagna Bolton

DEPTH
Nathan Broad Jayden Short, Oleg Markov, Reece Conca, Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, Anthony Miles, Patrick Naish, Shai Bolton, Jack Higgins, Sam Lloyd, Coleman-Jones Hampson

Expect Broad to start the season in the VFL to quiten the media about his offseason antics. Shai Bolton proobably the only one to squeeze into the Premiership team. They have some pretty good depth of kids there.
I dont expect them to fall out of the 8 like the dogs but its possible to have a hangover.

Prediction: 4th - 9th
They finished 3rd H&A last year behind Adelaide & Geelong. I would have some of these teams potentially going past them on wins GWS, Swans, Bombers, Port & Dees.

I think your 2017 prediction was spot on, but you lost all credibility in the last paragraph where twice you suggest the tiggers won the flag last year. I’ve blacked out most of 2017 and possibly much before that, but any sane person knows that list can’t win a flag.

5 Likes

9th

6 Likes

We have seen teams create a dynasty, with a large number of elite players and win multiple premierships on the back of elite skills and gameplan execution… Now the top 8 team that has enough in the tank after 22 games to go insanely manic in attack on the ball for up to 3 finals games has a very good chance of winning it. So, who will do it this year? Tigers will not back it up. Bottom half of the 8

Respect for posting your pre season comments on the Tigers.
If only journalist / politicians/ public figures were game enough to take responsibility for their past predictions and statements.
I still don’t know how the Tigers did it.
Everything went right for them in that final series, but I suppose they deserved the luck.

Oh look! I found my last year prediction! Do I get kudos?

1 Like

Thanks for posting your predictions last year and I’d have to say that mine were similar.
For them to win it this year it would be like being struck twice by lightening. Surely not?

Last year I had a bet on them for the wooden spoon.

This hear I think i’ll back Essendon for the spoon

3 Likes

Hopefully about 13th

Last year i had them 12th, i didnt expect Nankervis, Caddy and prestia to make that big an impact, plus some of the lesser names.

Hopefully low enough for people who don’t follow football in any way at all to stfu about their team.
13th?
That’d be good.

9th.

We all saw what happened to the dogs last year after stealing a flag based off the same style of play that the Tuggers pinched one with this year.

They haven’t improved their list at all in the off-season and everyone around them is only going to be better and have had an entire off-season to counteract their game plan, just like the dogs the year before.

That looks like some decent depth waiting in the wings. Self-belief will carry them a long way this year, as they will all buy into replicating the game plan once more, like the Cats and Dawks did before them in their heydays. How will they enjoy being the hunted this season? If they are anything like the Doggies they will suffer, but l don’t believe they will suffer a similar let down. A lot still depends on the big 4 to get the job done, but more players have stepped up to shoulder the workload. Definite top 8, 50 - 50 on the top 4.

Surely it was more about the attitude and commitment of the WB players than their list or gameplan.

It also had a lot to do with injuries to their mobile forwards. Didn’t help that they tried to use Cloke there as well.
They went from a super competitive and mobile forward line to an immobile and unaccountable forward line very quickly.

1 Like

I don’t care for Richmond.

Seriously 9th

People are way underrating them. They’ve got a young list, a durable game style and a bunch of players who could easily get better this year and next.

I mean they’ll still finish 18th of course but it will be an underrated 18th

4 Likes

Just shows how much of a surprise packet they were this year. And how easily that could drop. Who knows what will happen with the he tigers in 2018!