Stringer Thread II - 10,000 posts was Not Enough

I have many, but none appropriate for this forum

2 Likes

Play Hooker in front of him.

10 Likes

Should be ready for midfield now. It’s been like two weeks already.

4 Likes

Reminds me of Raging Bull, has to harness it and use it on the field. Will create a beast of a player.

1 Like

An article on the leadership group being consulted on this trade. No real surprises here. Goddard says Stringer was open and honest in his answers, but that would depend on the questions being asked. It is obvious that the players recognize his talent, and are not blind to the need to help him.

1 Like

How good would it be to see in Stringers first game get 27 possessions (6 more than he has ever got), 2 goals and 10 clearances.

If he had a game like that, we would literally go into premiership favouritism.

5 Likes

Smith averages 19 possessions off a flank so he has lots of room for improvement as he spends more time in the middle.

This trade period could define our club for the next ten years.

3 Likes

What if the field gets pregnant… who will be responsible? AFL?

1 Like

Nah bro.
He’s only had 19 or more disposals 3 times in his career.
Average is about 12.
You’re right about upside though. If we get him to 19 touches a game, he’s going to rip games apart.

Yeah sorry, that was this year (18.6) .

The three of them have a lot of scope for improvement.

Don’t mind me, I can’t read
Carry on.

1 Like

It’s not really a surprise that the players are consulted imo.

The players are the most powerful people at the football club. The players can decide if they want a coach sacked ie. Brendan McCartney at the Bulldogs… Or tell a CEO to pull his head in and apologise to the playing group for telling the truth about a poor performance.

The old days of ‘top-down’ management is long gone.

Yeah agree footy clubs have become more like jobs for players now.

Are you talking about Smith or Stringer? I thought Killer_mike was talking about Smith

I’ve been working with a few guys that have played TAC in the last few years, they genuinely don’t follow an AFL team. They said that alot of blokes that they play with, are just huge fans of the sport. They’re just not passionate about a specific club, or they’ll start following a team for the way that they play. Then jump on board another club for the way that they play.

Edit: it makes no f*cken sense to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t read.

I love what the Club has been saying about Stringer’s arrival - Dodoro’s interview on SEN was especially encouraging. If you take things on face value, you get the feeling that if Jake is going to turn it around he will be in the right place, - even more than that, if he’s going to make it anywhere, it will be with Essendon.

That’s a bit alarming. I’m probably overreacting. How can you be so good at a game and not grow up with a certain allegiance though? Maybe if you’re a chance these days it’s encouraged not to have one. You could end up getting picked by Gold Coast.

2 Likes