#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Interesting a journo said on a podcast this week after the draft he spoke to a number of the recruiters about whether McGrath was the right pick at 1. Most said they don’t think he was the right choice, but now looks spot on.

3 Likes

staaah

1 Like

I’m on the boy. Loaded up at 8 to 1

Lol. That’s odd. I’m sure I remember a similar article not long post draft that said the majority of recruiters said McWrath was the choice.

4 Likes

It was. 50/50 odd split. Not all were on the McPigeon Train, but a good bunch were.

1 Like

Who gives a flyer what they thought, one way or the other…
He’s a ripper, and he’s ours.

6 Likes

Yep I remember reading most said McGrath as no.1

Most I read had Clug 1, McGrath/Setterfield evenly split between 2 & 3.

I also couldn’t give a flying ■■■■, remember heaps of people hammered Hawthorn and lauding Richmond for Tambling vs Franklin.

1 Like

My boy.

3 Likes

He is exactly what Dodoro said he was.

Cant wait to see where he’s at in 2 years time.

1 Like

I remember when most of us thought he would probably play half a season in the VFL with a cameo here and there before potentially forcing his way into the senior side.

Yeah, nah.

7 Likes

Will go close to 30 possessions this week. Will tear Melb a new one

1 Like

On Blitz? Half the people here have the first round pick in their best 22 before the draft has even taken place. There were teams put up on here halfway though the season that had Will Brodie in the midfield.

2 Likes

Just took a stroll down memory lane and dialed this thread back to the start of Feb. Good times. Many blitzers spent all of their panic dollars in here before a single JLT game.

Only the silly ones. And the KAFA types.

Right on.

mcraf

So most of the ones he spoke said no. Exactly how many did he speak to. Sounds like a pretty misleading statement frankly

Cal twomey spoke to 7 before the draft and i think only 1 went mcg, 5 went clug and 1 went setterfield/mcg

1 Like

Looks like McClug will take longer to pick up the tempo. Relies on his teammates a lot more than McGrath.