#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

had a shocking start to the game. Needs to work on his foot skills… Wasn’t Robinson Crusoe though. Improved as the game went on. Love him.

What’s going on when he appears to have more run in him in the last quarter than most!!!

1 Like

yep -
1/2 empty glassers would say that white looks brighter with dark background.

1/2 full glassers would say it’s cos his a freak. Whcih is prob true. what’s more impressive isn’t that he’s not gassed by the 4th (even off a 5 day break) but that his disposal is still clean and he’s making good decisions at the end of games. WOW.

truth is prob a combo.

Kid is on his way to win the Rising Star.

2 Likes

Some nice little runs… starting to back himself to take on the tackler with his speed and step.

Made a couple of mistakes but bounced straight back.

Will be a gun by the end of the year… and a Rising Star winner.

I come into this thread after a bad loss to try to feel less depressed.

What I liked today was that despite his shocking first ten minutes, he did not sulk or lower his head - just kept running and building into the game. Was one of the few offering something late.

5 inside 50s suggests he had licence to get up the ground more.

2 Likes

It’s a shame he didn’t get to celebrate his goal properly.

5 Likes

True. We spent long periods during the match with a press and zone, so in some cases, when he intercepted and kicked, it went inside 50 .

Load management.

I expect Darcy will play more time on ball as the year progresses.

He’s playing a total different role so far this year compared to last and is applying himself very well.

His side step around the opposition near our forward 50 arc in the last (?) quarter was glorious.

I feel with each game he is taking the game on more and feeling more confident to use his athleticism. From his first game to now his improvement has been quite something.

11 Likes

He was filthy on himself for giving up an early goal. Spent the rest of the game rectifying things. He’s the main reason to get excited for games right now.

8 Likes

Hard not to get excited about this guy, absolute jet

That goal from 50 was a good one, he has a fair leg on him. I mean u see hooker looking to dish it off from there.

1 Like

Look at his reaction when he has that mistake in the forward pocket that costs the team a goal.

That, and the way to applies himself and responds tells you everything you need to know about Andy.

3 Likes

This. He is feeling it and now going with it.

Great to watch.

On true to the red sash group on Facebook it seems like that

Playing like he gives a ■■■■, which is more than can be said for some.

1 Like

Could see him in his second year round up the troops at half time and give the group a spray just like Callum Mills did at the Swans last week.

why wait he needs to do it now, like imagine him spraying joey telling him to improve on his goal kicking. :joy:

1 Like

Fish played a little bit in 1983 and hit the big time in 1984.