#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

So how many other number one picks have won four of the first seven games they’ve played? Would probably be nil wouldn’t it.

3 Likes

He even ignored teammates and went for the bounce. Great to see

1 Like

How many have come back at half time to win the bourbon bowl!

Or the rising star. Nunber 1 is fitting for this kid. Didnt rack up high numbers, but does the right things presenting, blocking, running to space filling the holes etc…

Completely different player but tippas attack at the ball and man, and his desire and will to affect a contest, find it similar.

Odds for rising star must be down to $1.01.

How is the guy from the scum going, ports guy seems to have died down a bit.

Now that the elation from the win has dies off, he wasn’t great last night, stats wise anyway. But I can remember all his stats which for me is more important than the bloke that’s gets it 40 times and surprises the heck out of you vis you can’t remember any of his touches. That bounce streaming out of half back and kick to Stewy was special

Had less of the ball, but made more of an impact when he got it. Made a couple of mistakes too. The kick in the fwd line which was cut off by the cats player. He made a good spoil in the last quarter, but he half tumbled and his man got it and kicked a goal. In saying this his mistakes stand out because he makes so few of them.

Soon he will rack up his 25 and be super damaging, he is building quickly, and will be one hell of a player

3 Likes

That one in the last sucked. He was caught under the footy, came back with the flight, made body contact with his man legally, turned mid air and got his other fist to the footy. Most other spuds would have given away a free or not got near it. But the damn ball bounced on its end back into that blokes bread basket almost perfectly for him to be able to swing immediately onto his right foot. It was just arsey for the Cat player - 9 times out of 10 what McGrath did would have paid off.

13 Likes

Taranto, Powell-Pepper and Berry (should be close to a Rising Star nom) I reckon are all there

So When is the over-rated, undersized, glorified back pocket dwarf -that some Blitzer’s were telling me about -going to get a run?

11 Likes

This player is pure class and for a first year player doing very well in my eyes.

‘Overrated pygmy’ might have been used to describe our very disappointing #1 pick in that same post too, I think, in the pre-season

Only had 9 touches meanwhile my boy Taranto got the rising star nom

In all seriousness the chargers football factory did overtime last year.

Taranto Florent and McGrath are gonna be stats

Sandringham Dragons you mean?

Yeah had Oakleigh on my mind

1 Like

Can someone who’s seen the reverse angle of the contest with ? Parsons? Leading to a goal tell me if Andy was stiff not getting a free? Sure looked like it from m53. But then looking at it in the highlights, you can’t tell whether he’s got a handful of Parsons’ jumper.

In any case it’s unlucky mcg’s fist didn’t flush it else we might have been away through the middle.

Don’t forget Setterfield and Scrimshaw

1 Like

Hates to lose a contest.
After that fluke Parson’s goal he thumps the ground in disgust.

4 Likes

I think he has nabs rising star all sewn up.

How good is this kid? wait till he plays mid field.

38 Likes

Solid defensive effort from Selwood…

12 Likes