#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

I went to check on this claim and… well…

4 Likes

Bullshit. Average is skewed by playing only 1 or 2 games. Total is a fine indicator, especially when the top 8 for clangers league wide are all stars of the comp, chuck in Fyfe, Zerrett, Wines and Cotchin in the top 15 and it’s pretty conclusive. Getting a high clanger count probably means you are getting a lot of the ball and going for attacking disposals.

Top 8 for clangers:
Dangerfield
Martin
Zorko
Parker
Ablett
T Mitchell
M Crouch
J Steven

1 Like

WSNPTU.

Yeah, Nah.

The correlation between high disposal/going for aggressive kicks and clangers is probably legitimate… but that doesn’t mean Danger doesn’t torch the footy at time. Proper destroys it.

1 Like

Again, disp eff @ 66 % which is 1 crappy disposal out of 3, not elite

If only there was a player that racked up more possessions than these guys and didn’t butcher it by foot, surely he’d win the Brownlow…

12 Likes

I’ve seen him torch it from time to time. Needs to kick more goals and he’d be a Brownlow certainty. As it is he’s gonna poll well his entire career.

1 Like

nah he’s not one of those prototype 6 '11 midfielders, they win all the medals

Daniher’s not that tall.

wow

Almost 211cm. Big fkn midfielder alright.

Agree, no surprise that Adelaide’s efficiency had gone through the roof since he left.

Cats are trying to get him to handball more this year and play closer to the contest

Danger is the only one keeping the Cats respectable this year. I’d take a few clangers for that if i were a Geelong supporter.

Maybe we can trade for that turnover merchant? 3rd rounder and J.Merrett

1 Like

Yeah, but he’s not on the list.

He gets more of the ball than those guys and butchers it less than those guys.

Not saying those guys are crap, most of them are brilliant.

All I’m saying is that Zach is better than each and every one of them.

2 Likes

:laughing:

Don’t you 2 farken start again :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If I have to, I’ll turn this car around!

4 Likes

He’s been deep forward a fair bit from what I’ve seen.