#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

1. Ryan Burton
2. Sam Powell-Pepper
3. Andrew McGrath

I hope McGrath doesn’t win it. It can only be used to negotiate a higher re-signing fee.

1 Like

Wouldn’t worry too much

It’s not like his managers is Conne…

Oh ■■■■

Burton it is

3 Likes

Not the right attitude.

We will keep all our players that are worthy to keep, and we will pay them accordingly so.

I hope all our players win all the medals and want to stay playing for Essendon probably below market rate, because;
a. We are going to win premierships
b. We play in front of 65k+ consistently
c. We have all the $$$ resource wise in the world
d. We are the god damn bombers.

2 Likes

Right… my bad then I guess!!

Was he this handball happy in U18’s? 4 kicks, 21 handballs today.
Sold his teammates into pressure a few times with handballs when he should have kicked clear.

He handballed a lot, but usually got it back, so after 2-3 handballs would be free to launch it into f50 from what I saw.

1 Like

His 3rd quarter was outstanding.

1 Like

Yep, that’s generally how HBF’s play the game.

But i was told he was a midfielder.

1 Like

TBF though you would hope for a few more kicks up the field from the HBF however, I think the stats were reflective of how little movement was coming from up the ground.

1 Like

Well he got more possessions than McCluggage. At least one thing went right today!

1 Like

Looked for the handball way too much today, plenty of times he had the perfect opportunity to kick long into the forwardline to a good option and chose to handball to a team mate for no reason.

1 Like

I worry that the pain of playing Essington style football will ruin this kid.

3 Likes

I think people need to realise his endurance was way off afl standard at the start of the year. He is building it up and has made huge improvements already this year. Another pre season is what’s needed but he is a great 2 way player. You wont find many players let alone first year players with this 2 way running quality.

If he takes his Under 18 contested game into the AFL he will live up to the hype.

1 Like

He’s never been an elite kick. Was the same in the u18’s. He likes to run and carry, give and go but usually only kicks if he really has to or if there is a ‘safe’ kick to go to.
I don’t see him being an incisive, damaging, penetrating kick of the footy.

We need two of him. So far ahead of most of his teammates its astonishing. I feel safe when he’s playing in defence and I’d love him in the middle. He may be a little handball happy but he very rarely stuffs it up and if he does he goes back and gets it.

Joe Hurls Zac and Macca our only A graders. Hooker was once but hey they moved him forward

Midfield for the rest of the year.

1 Like

I was at the game and McGrath was rubbish.

Lost count of the number of times he chose to handball to (near) stationary players marked by, even 2 opponents and the ball would turn over.

Would send him to the VFL and tell him he doesn’t come back until he leanrs to have 2-3 kicks for every handball and gets rid of stupid handballs.

He needs some tough love right now so he rids himself of this bad habit before it takes hold.

3 Likes

He wasn’t rubbish. Yep he made mistakes but he sure wasn’t on his Pat Malone.

1 Like