#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Move him to the middle for the last two games.

Media hype wins this award - need someone in the media to make a big song and dance about this performance.

1 Like

This is exactly what i am talking about before drafting him. Shut down the best small fwds in the game and do damage the other way. Sure he made some mistakes early but this is a glimpse of the future. Most kids drafted these days are one way runners until they are taught defense. Andy is different does both and thats why he was the best player in his draft.

Sure he will be moved into the midfield in time, and is need there. But that sort of performance is just as good and just as valuable as any midfielder.

5 Likes

They gave him plenty of praise which was good to see.

Brilliant game. Betts left the field with his pants around his ankles.

2 Likes

Fantastic game by McGrath, he is an absolute beauty.

2 Likes

I just had a squizz at your posting history.
Nothing more to say, really.

1 Like

First quarter was ordinary, but he was great from there.
Betts didn’t have a lot of ball go to him tonight, but when he did Andy did very well in the 1:1s. As noted above, 25 Vs 7 on the possession count against the best small forward in the comp is an outstanding game. And aside from 2-3 changers in the first, his possessions weren’t little dinky ones…he was very composed with the ball After quarter time

2 Likes

i put the blame for his first turnover on no-one presenting to him.
specifically green who gave him nothing and expected the first year player to execute a 45m pass under pressure

1 Like

Shiz, he’s gonna be good.

We need him in the midfield something chronic.

Desperately need Morgan or McNeice to come on next year and take over his role.

Very few players can duff a handball like that, then go and beat two opponents in the best team in the comp to clean up and clear the ball

very few players would even try

such a quality champion we hve on our hands, how lucky are we

6 Likes

Outstanding tonight. Genuinely the only positive.

1 Like

Only question with this kid is when will he get his first Brownlow?

Keep.

…and for the finals

1 Like

What would you say he gave Eddie?

3 Likes

You’re dreaming we won’t make it

Great game by McGrath. Was made easier for him in that the ball hardly ever went to ground in their forward line

2 Likes

Good point. Dunno the stats but they must have had a gazillion I50 marks…
Having said that, McG’s balance, recovery, cool head under pressure and lack of any fear or overawareness due to playing on a star were all something to behold.
We really do have a gem here.

MgGrath vs Clug anyone? Anyone?

Chalk and cheese.

2 Likes