#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

There’ll be a good reason why we didn’t, because it was clear what his value was by then.

Curiously, he & Josh Kelly are both managed by Connors, and we are reported to be well in the race for him.

I wonder if it’s connected somehow.

Eg: If we renegotiated Andy mid year, he’s then on higher bucks next year, and takes up cap space we want to get Kelly, … and once that’s sorted and a couple more leave next year, we have enough to give McGrath more???

1 Like

I reckon l yelled at a dingbat during the game

I, too was tempted to consume large quantities of psychotropic drugs and shout at mythical creatures.

1 Like

There is only one word for McGrath - GUN!!!

I love this kid, his gigantic jaw and amazing handball.

Reminds me of that 80s cartoon character Roger Ramjet.

5 Likes

Not sure we can afford to execute one of our best.

3 Likes

i love his poise and ability to have one side step and create space instantly. he will be a really good clearance player with these attributes and can rocket a handball in no time

anyone know what his clearance numbers were like in U/18’s?

1 Like

They were speaking about him last night on Footy Classified, Lyons pretty much said his performance against Eddie Betts alone should guarantee him the Rising Star.

8 Likes

There was one creature in particular who could only identify one positive out of the game, lucky it was only mythical.

Yeah, sure. I retract. There were a whole bunch of positives in the game where we leaked 7 goals in time on of each quarter.

What was the final margin again?

That’s a bow Robin Hood would be proud of.

1 Like

I do think know the stats. But against previously popular opinion he actually was a midfield clearance machine. Checkout highlights of the TAC grand final. There are some of just his possessions, that will give you some idea.

1 Like

Easy to see why this mythical dingbat has never coached a team - would have every player moping around thinking it will never get any better.

Will he end up in the midfield? He’s so damn good down back. We need 2 of him

1 Like

Yeah, of all the ridiculous deflections this one is my favourite. The old “you haven’t done the thing so you can’t make observations about it”.

It’s a pretty limited way of thinking.

Our midfield struggles, we draft an elite midfielder to only turn him into a back? No.

100% he will.

2 Likes

Woosh has said he will train with midfield group this preseason.

Swans did the same with Mills but he ended up staying at HBF however

1 Like

If he does go into the middle who takes the small forwards?

Hartley on Betts next season? Ambrose?

The dingbat can certainly make observations but given it’s complete absence of experience in relation to coaching, some fairly limited observations come through, and can be considered ridiculous. Such as the one about only a single positive can be taken out of the game.