#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

I still reckon we need another mid to come into our setup whose kicking is penetrating and incisive. I’m not sure that will ever really be Andy or Darcy’s major weapon and it certainly isn’t Heps. All of whom have many other attributes.

1 Like

Kelly

1 Like

Oirish

1 Like

Is it greedy to think that we can get this guy on top of Parish from last year and to follow that up with Josh Kelly #5?

Nope.

It’s payback time. (Still)

So, keeps Betts goalless as shut down small defender one week, strolls into the middle and dominates it following week. We might have one here…

8 Likes

I’ve been one who was wondering if we’d ever be able to afford to move him out of the backline. A player that can shut down as well as he can whilst still retaining an offensive side to his game is incredibly rare (look at Hurley for example, the better he gets offensively, the worse he gets 1 on 1).

After seeing him in the middle against GC however I’m forced to reassess, he was a serious revelation… and god knows Merrett could use some help in there doing the midfield defensive work.

1 Like
20 Likes

Get him into the midfield

So basically he’s an elite small backman already. Simply must win the rising star.

All Australian back pocket

9 Likes

Kid’s played all of ~18 games and he’s basically our best defender.

In all seriousness, he has genuine claims for the squad of 40. Won’t happen but his stats stack up against the likes of Nevil Jetta.

Hi Shawry !

Didnt actually stroll into the middle. He had a crash course with Bluey and the midfield group at half time, and passed Midfield 101 with 5 minutes of study. Wait until he does a preseason with the midfield group.

3 Likes

Bit harsh on Hurley.

Numbers don’t lie… Hurley’s had his best offensive season but by his own admission hasn’t been as good defensively. Where as McGrath is basically smashing his direct opponents week in week out defensively.

FWIW I still think Hurls is line ball our best player. But this discussion should only be seen as instructive of just how significant McGrath’s debut season has been.

1 Like

Numbers stack up but position on field played, probably not sexy enough for voters.

I urge people to watch the 3rd qtr again

The first ten minutes is the Andy McGrath show

1 Like

If he played for another team he would win the rising star, he plays for us so not too sure…

He is a GUN anyway.

1 Like