#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

He had the odd match up against Gunston on a wing and other times I.smith. it was a real plan by Clarkson to play through his wing to make him defend and chase. When he set up play for us we looked better for it.
His game has come along way and he is beginning to also rest forward at times today and actually started forward last week against swans before the Dea injury.

That crumbing goal in the last quarter was fantastic, donā€™t see many of our players kicking those types of goals. With the season done I wouldnā€™t mind ya trying something different with him and playing him forward.

3 Likes

apart from Tippa, Raz and Smithā€¦

A lot of them kick snap goals or running goals receiving from teammates not exactly crumbs off the pack

Reckon heā€™s played as a defensive midfielder for the last two weeks and has struggled at times - Itā€™s all part of his development.

2 Likes

Not a fan of his kicking.

2 Likes

Has had an up and down season

1 Like

Yeah I was actually thinking this a while back, I want him in a more attacking/free role than the back line allows but not sure we need to throw him straight into the midfield. Think his balance of attack and defence could really be damaging up forward (and maybe even allow Raz more midfield time).

1 Like

Heā€™ll be fine heā€™s just putting too much pressure on himself and has been poorly coached.

Needed to be told to take more risks and stop handballing every time last year so that will delay his kicking ability.

No, youā€™re the one taking pot shots to try and make yourself feel better. Youā€™re just doing it to players and coaches, who canā€™t answer back.

1 Like

Good post.

He has been shown up a couple of times throughout the year, getting drawn off his wing or sucked into the contest and not impacting it.
Will learn a bit from it.

I was a bit surprised at the pies game, he and Zach were standing beside each other at the interchange bench, ( my seat is a few rows back from the interchange area) Andy is bigger across the chest / shoulders and looked a little taller. If he continuies to develop similar to Zerritt we will have another very clasy player to enjoy watching.

It took you a full night to come up with thatā€¦FMD.

Heā€™s a farking kid! Heā€™s still in his infancy as an AFL player. Heā€™s going to have his ups and downs. But overall heā€™s doing very farking well.

7 Likes

My first four drafts involved a bunch of nasty words.
So yes, thatā€™s what Iā€™m going with.

2 Likes

For the rest of the year Iā€™d trial him in the fwd pocket and constantly start one of Fantasia, Walla and McGrath in every centre bounce. Awesome crumber, can put pressure on, reads it wells, can position himself and does look like he could kick a few goals. We have a surplus of defenders and Walla, Fantasia and himself are dangerous around a stoppage when itā€™s not so congested.

4 Likes

That was some game from the kid. Will be a superstar very soon.

6 Likes

Wonder what @Rom made of his game.

That good enough for you, champ?

3 Likes

Very nice.
Andy youā€™re a Star.

5 Likes

Has elite vision. Quick hands in traffic are sublime. Kicks are awesome but does spray a few tooā€¦ one area he can work on I think.

Has navigated the tricky ā€˜second year bluesā€™ and I reckon he will explode next year. Like AA mid type explode.

1 Like