#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

He tall

And what about THE.

Love that heā€™s thinking ā€œShiel isnā€™t taking my spot in that midfield!ā€ā€¦ determined!

1 Like

Arrogance? I see a lot of things in him but not that.

3 Likes

Ftfy

Not in terms of ability.

He is super humble.

In how he carries himself, same with Shiel. Like you know these boys are going to bring it.

How about ā€œexudes confidenceā€?

3 Likes

Yeah i agree. Heā€™s got a smirk on him that tells me heā€™s really confident at the moment. The dude looks like heā€™s piled on more than 5kgs in just over 2 months. He set himself a goal to bulk up and nailed it in a very short time. Heā€™s looking a lot older than 20 now.

Love this guys attitude. Heā€™s really driven.

2 Likes

I will be thrilled to bits when I hear someone who barracks for another team call Essendon arrogant, skilful, bastards. It will be music to my ears.

7 Likes

Thereā€™s a highlight from earlier in the year on that video. Good comparison to how heā€™s looking now. Big difference.

When opposition supporters hate our players for the way they play (i.e. because they are good) is when we have a team thatā€™s really really good. Bring on those cries of exasperation as Francis, McGrath, Langford, Fantasia, etc etc frustrate the fark out of the opposition supporters.

3 Likes

i would argue people are already doing that. arguments about how many blockbuster games and thursdays/fridays we get, equalisation, the agrument about the best players in the comp going to the biggest clubs through trade and free agency. alot of it aimed at us. the clubs worked their @ss off to get to the position were in now. it goes back even to when we got the spoon and the #1 pick in the draft. plenty of supporters and gutter journalists squealing that we should be stripped of #1 pick. supporters and journalists were having a field day with the idea that we might not get Shiel.

Just wait till we start going deep into the finalsā€¦

edit: just remembered that there were also morons out there saying Fletcher should have games stripped off his record because of the SAGA

4 Likes

I want a team full of confidence and self belief, not arrogance. Arrogance is an undesirable trait

1 Like

Some of my family are Hawthorn Members and they are NOT happy Jan. Feel like they have been hard done by. After all they are Hawthorn. I couldnā€™t wipe the smirk off my face.

Hawthorn have plenty of blockbusters.

In Tassie.

2 Likes

Yes they do. Ha, ha. And such huge crowds too.

2 Likes

I actually think his defensive desparation and speed is very much required in midfield.

As well as being really good defensively, heā€™s maybe the best we have on reading when the turnover will happen, where itā€™ll happen and which way itā€™ll come out. That ability set up a lot of his rebound last year, he wasnā€™t just (and I love him for it) ā– ā– ā– ā– -bolting Conor style

3 Likes

I agree with this. As good as he is in defence, I reckon in midfield he could become very valuable defensively and racking up the pill. I really expect him to start averaging 25+ next season while still being great defensively, either shutting down a good opposition player or just provide general pressure and defensive run

Thing is he can be so decisive around a contest, he can make a real impact with 4 or 5 takeaways from a messy crowd.
And he often really makes them count, takes the ground ball, quick hands for a 1-2 to throw the defensive team off balance, then follow up, receive and heā€™s away.

1 Like

Francis intercept clunking till the early morning was already frustrating opposition supporters.

4 Likes

Given how he kept improving with each senior game he played, they are going to end up more than just frustrated.

Itā€™ll be glorious.

1 Like