#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Yes!

But he only has 18 months to exceed GAJ.

2 Likes

no
he will be like an Andy McGrath
and a champ at that

1 Like

Plays like Dylan Shiel

Chin like Dylan Shiel too

1 Like

We got McGrath, then you could argue also as a result of saga we got francis, merrett, langford as well due to players leaving. Not a bad haul.

You are right though, does not make up for what happened.

Has he found any more penetration in his kicking this off-seaon?

1 Like

I didn’t see significant improvement. But I don’t know many players running at that speed kicking it any better. Either needs to hit the breaks in his last few steps or angle his body to get a better flight and or spin on the ball.

2 Likes

That’s a very good point and worth remembering.

One of Nino’s most considered posts?

5 Likes

Zach was a standout the moment he walked through the clubs doors. I reckon it was even in his second pre season that he was already one of the best performers.

Bomber couldn’t stop raving about him when he was coach. no doubt Merret was his favourite Essendon player to coach.

Merrett was clearly better performed in his second season compared to McGrath. Had Merrett not injured his foot in the last month of the 2015 season then he could definitely have won the B&F that season.

Doesn’t mean McGrath can’t make a similar jump to startdom this yeah though. The training reports suggesting he’s probably the main guy looking to step up.

As apposed to Andy who won the rising star award and was a standout in the whole league?

Merrett is my favourite player by the way. But to say McGrath isn’t tracking that well is silly.

3 Likes

Merrett would have finished 2nd in 2015 if he played the additional 5 games. He was 126 votes behind Hooker

Who cares which one was better when, they are both going to be Premiership Captains and Essendon champions before the end of their careers

1 Like

Before they become premiership captains, they’ll be premiership vice captains first.

So what you’re saying is, we’re going to win the next 8 flags back to back?
I concur.

1 Like

And also looks like he could be his son.

I found a pic of tommy b when I was cleaning out car yesterday.

I put it under the visor. With pics of the kids. And the dog. And a Pokémon card.

Fk I got in trouble

2 Likes

Perhaps next time ask before cleaning out Tommy’s car.

3 Likes

Slightly concerned he had pics of kids and dog.

1 Like