#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

He was one of many who butchered the ball and fumbled around for the majority of the day. BUT he was also one of the few who never gave up, kept trying to take the game on and fought it out ‘til the end.

2 Likes

He was clearly way off like all our players but himself and walla at least put in effort.

Was probably in our best but it looked like he was playing with a cake of soap… so fumbly

Looked clumsy and slow - would our fitness staff be dumb enough to go the heavy training phase right before round 1?

We have fitness staff?

He seems to be a slow starter as a mid, I swear he only had about 8 touches at HT but he ended up with 25.
He did the same in JLT

1 Like

Yep. Couldn’t fault his workrate, tbh. Was terribly untidy with the ball but did get it.

One of the least of our concerns yesterday.

4 Likes

For me the most promising part of McGraths performance was that even though his disposal was a little loose to say the least, he never stopped kicking the ball.

Last year he would have looked to lay off by hand far more.

He’s tracking very well.

2 Likes

It sure looked like it.

As a supporter all I can ask is a player give 100% and he done that.

Kid looks like he’s hurting in the video.

I really feel we are going to stall his development by playing him as a full time mid. Hope I’m wrong.

I think that is his planned development though?

There hasn’t been a flanker or back pocket this club hasn’t planned to turn into a midfielder in the past 20 years.

1 Like

He was drafted as a midfielder,
He played predominantly as a midfielder as a junior and averaged 32 disposals a game playing there.

He was always going to become a midfielder.

Hank Slattery says “Hi”

That’s always been a trend I’ve noticed with him, starts slow and comes home with a wet sail. Plays and same way he runs. It’s a good trait to have imo, plays his best when the game is up for grabs

I reckon we had Hank running through as a tagger once or twice.

2 Likes

I don’t recall Slattery ever “running” anywhere on a football field

Yeah he missed some targets but I’m more certain now that he’ll tear some games apart this season.