#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Was that his 1st set shot? Or is my memory as farked as my knees?

This guy is absolute class around goals, does not miss.

What makes this bloke so valuable is his versatility. Can shut down a dangerous forward, can provide run out of defence, can play on a wing, in the guts and can now drift forward and kick goals. Pidge is a gun. A supreme athlete. And the scary thing is that he is only going to get better.

4 Likes

Still picked the right kid

4 Likes

Young players in particular struggle to adapt to different roles.

McGrath just has one of those football brains where he can just impact the game wherever he goes.

He may not become the best from his draft class but he is exactly the type of player that we have been crying out for for a very long time.

Has the capacity to be a top 20 player.

2 Likes

Juddy won a brownlow in his 3rd year.

McGrath will have a longer and more productive career. He will also win more premierships.

Agree. McGrath is exactly what we needed. Donā€™t give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  who else was in his draft year (unless they want to come as a free agent).

4 Likes

And donā€™t forget that heā€™s possibly the smartest guy in the team.

1 Like

Yep - along with Dev. & Zerrett.

Keeps building momentum as a mid and pushes forward for whatā€™s becoming a goal a game.
Heā€™s such a smart player and getting more penetration in his kicking.
1-2 more pre-seasons and Pidge will be a consistent A grade mid. If he can average 20-35 goals a year for us as well it will be a massive bonus.

Thought he was really good. Iā€™m loving that he is adding goals to his game as well.

Having mids who can kick goals is absolute gold

Yep, heā€™s grown a mullet and wears a headband to attract votes. He knows how it works

3 Likes

Can play him anywhere (ok, maybe not in the ruck) and he finds a way to influence the game.

Heā€™s a smaller Jimmy Hird in that regard.

1 Like

Judd pre groins, was one of the best players Iā€™ve ever seen. Thereā€™s no shame in not meeting his heightsā€¦ yetā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good thing we won our games by 150 points this weekend, because McGrath just said on Seven that he ā€œhatesā€ chocolate.

If only DODORO would recruit a goal kicking midā€¦

3 Likes

I know we hear that Andy is a model citizen.

Butā€¦

He also has a slight case of the little bit weirds I reckonā€¦

For a guy who screams leadership he didnā€™t even know Shaun McKernans brother played AfL (Corey was a star) and said he wanted to run BHP Billiton which is a ā– ā– ā– ā–  business.

He is an odd cat.

2 Likes

Yeah those goals are horrible.

He lived in Canada and his father is a partner at PwC.

2 Likes