#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Agree. Arrogance is when ambition exceeds ability.

1 Like

Soā€¦ perfect for blitz.

The thing about arroganceā€¦ nah, you farkers arenā€™t worth the time.

6 Likes

Iā€™d say Toby Greene is one of the most arrogant players in the AFL and his ability is outstanding. To 2 things arenā€™t related.

2 Likes

What does it even mean? If it means he gets the ball, runs around a player, kicks one from 50 then has a little ruffle if his mans hair then fk everyoneā€™s arrogant. Or does no one know what it means anymore, similar to the crucification of literally.

If thereā€™s a true interpretation of the word it was dermies strutting wankfest and fkd if our players are being compared to that germ.

1 Like

I reworded that one same olds.

Exudes confidence.

It still spawned a host of replies though. Ah blitz. Just run with it :joy:

2 Likes

James Hird, IIRC, described his version of arrogance in a positive way.

It was pretty much a state knowledge, that he was going to outplay everyone else on the field and there was nothing anybody could do about it.

When he felt that, I suppose it was something akin to being in ā€œthe zoneā€ and knowing it.

I get the negative connotation of arrogance, of a lack of humility, but I can also understand the joy of knowing, in Hirdā€™s case, that he could outplay bigger, stronger, faster, more skilled and fitter players, just because he could see the game better than just about anyone.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. Hird, Carey, Brereton, they all played with arrogance. And they could all back it up. Itā€™s only a worrisome wank when itā€™s just show.

2 Likes

Peak Hirdy you would watch him go to a contest and just know he would end up winning the football.

These guys are as rare as hens teeth. We donā€™t have one.

4 Likes

Sorry wasnā€™t aimed at you.

I associate it with fark Carlton. And it makes me sick a little bit in my pants

Very very high waisted pants?

1 Like

Arrogance is what other people say will about us as we improveā€¦it may not necessarily be what we think about ourselves.

What we feel, think and might say isā€¦self assured, confident, motivated, hungry, quick as and sassy with the ball.

2 Likes

Oh my, what fun

Let me just add to that - football.

But leads to messy on de sac

Francis has that special feel about his game, you have heaps of confidence he will just get the ball when in his area.

1 Like

Hope your right. Certainly reads the ball/play well, marks and kicks it cleanly.

1 Like

I called my boss sassy without knowing what it meant.
Iā€™m either fired or got a date.

1 Like

How did he react?

5 Likes

Havenā€™t seen sassi on these boards for yonks. Had a tacker with another Blitzer/Grog Squadder quite a few years back. Kidā€™d be 9 or 10 now.