#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

I found a footy card of Andy in a car park today, and have generally had the feeling he’s going to dominate games next year.

3 Likes

It’ll be worth 25k by the end of 2019.

1 Like

is ANY footy card woth 25k? or even over $100?

1 Like

Yes i have a heap worth that much. But i’ll sell them to you right now at a 3rd of the price. Special Blitz discount.

17 Likes

AWESOME! thanks for doing that man! Us Blitzers are always looking out for each other!

3 Likes

John platten. If mcgrath is to become a dominant mid platten is the kinda of player I think he could shoot for. Maybe Tony McGinnes.

Benny Cousins?

Clean version. He’s beefed up au naturale and won’t lose his speed or endurance. Has hustle and will soon have the bustle

1 Like

Disagree - doubt it would even suit him.

9 Likes

Is that Gown

9 Likes

I like your train of thought

4 Likes

Pretty sure the junk in that trunk is just one of Devon’s thighs.

I do like this quote from the article. Here’s hoping he is excellent at it.

“This pre-season I’ve focused on taking the ball forward more and using my legs and agility to really break the lines and open up the defence.”

9 Likes

That’s so good to read. Another piece of our midfield puzzle about to find his place.

3rd year is when young players often really break out. And as he said, been a big learning curve.

Couldn’t fault his selection at pick1

4 Likes

Funny that he and Parish are now living together - those are the two who I think will really fire this year and be key players to us winning finals again.

4 Likes

Agreed. Pidge is a jet. I reckon he is gunna explode this year.

1 Like

McGrath lights up Dons’ match sim in new role

Ben Guthrie

Feb 1, 2019 1:27PM

Andy McGrath has been impressive on the training track. Picture: essendonfc.com.au

Related

ANDREW McGrath is set to benefit from playing more midfield minutes, with his burst and sharp decision-making set to add an extra element to the club’s onball brigade in 2019.

McGrath was a standout during the Bombers’ match simulation at Tullamarine on Friday, with his run and carry out of the middle of the ground often yielding deep forward entries for his side.

Working alongside marquee recruit Dylan Shiel and a dynamic-looking Jake Stringer in the red team, McGrath won the ball in tight and utilised his pace out of congestion to advantage.

PLAY AFL FANTASY Make your team now

McGrath has been regarded as a strong performer on the track this pre-season and told AFL.com.au in January that he was keen to improve his midfield craft after splitting his time between defence and onball in 2018.

With skipper Dyson Heppell (hamstring tendinitis) watching on, Shiel did a bit of everything in his role – linking up with teammates for handball receives and using his evasive skills to juke away from the opposition.

7 Likes

For people that attended training years ago, was Merrett tracking this well? Or any others from the past. He was so noticeable, the separation he was getting out of contests was spectacular.

1 Like

Very similar. And it was Merret’s 3rd season when he blew the ■■■■■■■ lid off.

*didn’t attend training.

1 Like

From the saga we got McGrath. Not worth the saga by any any ANY stretch. But we got something of immense value with McGrath. If he stays healthy he is going to be amongst our very best.

13 Likes