#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

The saga cost us a possible period of success with the team at the time on the rise. But because the fallout was so well managed by Dodoro and co. we now have a chance at new period of success.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if Merrett never got the chance to be captain because McGrath leapfrogged him, assuming Heppell holds onto it for a number of years to come

1 Like

I’d be surprised.

1 Like

Me too.

Unless Maca becomes a naturalised Aussie Citizen for a start, … he’s no hope.
As if we’d have a Canadian as Captain, … :smirk:

I think you’re right.
Makes me wonder what other players have missed because of this?

Yeah the team was on the verge of something special and then the saga exploded.

1 Like

I remember in one of Zach’s first pre season sessions, Jobe walked away and said to his old man, “I don’t know who the top 25 kids were from this draft but they must be superstars, cause this kid has it and is a genuine star already”

Zach had it from day one.

16 Likes

Just saw the practice match footage.

He’s the midfield jet we’ve been longing for.

12 Likes

Yep. Interesting to hear in Shiel’s interview he was the one player he picked out as being a star performer as well

1 Like

A proper Intra club??

Looks like it, and foggy called it as such in the training thread.

1 Like

Hmmm, … sounds like the BBBBQ should have been today then??

@Soulnet Is there another on the Thursday then?

Anyone who saw my posts in the 18s thread before we drafted him would know why I’m not suprised to see him smashing it in the middle, remember it like it was yesterday watching a Sandringham game next to Dodoro with McGrath getting a lazy 40 touches.

4 Likes

Yeah, but, mcCluggage kicks gooaaals

2 Likes

McGrath’s development has been fantastic. His physical size now is outstanding.

As for the captaincy, I’m sure the club can handle expectations and allow for each to get their chance.

How many players have we had, who are an obvious choice to be captain, not made captain?

1 Like

I remember being indirectly called an idiot because I wanted McGrath over Luggage Boy.

8 Likes

Can’t have been the first time on blitz

Wasn’t the last either

3 Likes

Ouch

Why is our pick 1 a back flanker

delist

5 Likes