#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

There was one point during the 3rd qtr he was streaming through the middle and proceeded to put the ball on tippa’s When he was against 2 players. Needs to be a hell of a lot smarter than that

He was better as a tagger than a backman IMO.

He needs to learn it like Ablett does when he is moving, holding it very deliberately and almost placing it on his boot

Its too late for him, you generally can’t fix kicking once they reach afl age.

That being said, we didn’t draft him for his kicking ability.

Like his mates he fumbled all day

The difference though is he always has a crack

Clug and Taranto dominated this week too while McGrath went full butter fingers

Is the aim of the number one pick to try and pick an elite player? Or a reliable player that is likely to get to 200 games without much fanfare?

When some of our contested mids actually win possession and feed it to him in space he will look a whole lot better.

I reckon he plays better in second half’s, becuase he realises he has to do it all by himself at that point.

1 Like

Im not saying i would’ve drafted mcgrath, i was firmly Taranto > mcclug > setter > mcgrath

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play so bad tbh

Though the entire team was mimicking each other’s fumbles so can’t put the whole blame on him

1 Like

For all his faults during the game he did have a dip. Unlike most of the others.

1 Like

His hands are so good in tight situations

Still needs to realise he’s faster than 80-90% of players. Pooped them a few times when he had opportunity to free himself.

Forget about the midfield. He is so much more valuable in the back line.

2 Likes

Idk, hard to kick the sealer from a BP

9 Likes

This guy plays through all 4 qtrs

2 Likes

I would’ve liked to see him play tight on Brayshaw but Woosh gonna Woosh

I had to pause the replay with 5 minutes to go in the 4th to explain the story of Andy in this qtr.

Every time the demons go forward, he rebounds it from the back pocket or handballs to a player who does, on the fourth time he does this, he runs up the ground, gets the inside 50 on the half forward flank, then runs forward of the play to receive the handball in the forward pocket and kick the sealer

9 Likes

So next week is the big McGrath vs McCluggage showdown that will either have this place gloating over how smart Dodoro is, or demanding he be beaten about the head and neck with dead seagulls.

Place your bets, blitz.

14 Likes

12 Likes