#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

■■■■ me dead, one ■■■■■■■ bad game from a kid and everyone is a ■■■■■■■ judge on his whole life.

8 Likes

Yeah, leave Deckham’s boy alone you bastards!

1 Like

Saad should be our tackling coach.

He is a 177cm 20 year old. Of course he isn’t big enough…yet.

But in a year or 2 watch out.

Seriously some supporters are jumping at shadows with this bloke.

If he doesn’t become as good as Merrett I’d be surprised.

1 Like

Thats a massive call. Zach was averaging 29 disposals at the same stage of his career. I’m certainly not writing him off or anything but I don’t think he has the same xfactor that Zach has.

Yes it’s a big call. Merret averaged high in a unique year where everyone was gone.

McGrath needs to push Merret, Hepp and Shiel out to get in. I think he will sit comfortable along side them.

He isn’t slow like people make out, he is fast. He has elite hands (had a bad game yep that happens), he is a good decision maker, he is a full 360 degree player and he changes the direction and flow of the play.

He is a ripper.

4 Likes

Yes great potential and love his style and attitude
But needs to get bigger to be elite

Parked his car over the lines. Delist!

1 Like

He’s just as heavy as Merrett while being a bit shorter. Doesn’t need to be bigger really, but maybe stronger, and he is probably nearly there too, mongrel aggression might be what he could struggle with.

1 Like

Most of Pidge’s weight is in his chin though

9 Likes

May have been true last year, but he’s added half an Axe handle across the shoulders over this pre season.

I think they just pip the chin for the win now. :smirk:

2 Likes

Andy is more of an outside player and his physical attributes compliment that.

Zerrett on the other hand is just a freak in how he has adapted to the contested part of our game so fast.

1 Like

There’s a boat limit of mullet there too… about 2 kilo

look to me a player who was playing sore, possibly ribs/hip.

the only players who should attend centre sqaure bounces are zerett, shiel, parish, heppell, mcgrath and stringer. the wing is a wasteland.

he was very poor, i would send him to whitfield next time we play gws to see what real work rate looks like.

Would make sense. Took a massive hit very early.

1 Like

Just curious… how does McC compare in those ratings?

Tim Taranto looks like the one who got away
Still love Mcgrath though… hope he can bring Taranto to essendon in a couple of years

Taranto will be fantastic, but he benefits from being in that GWS midfield.

1 Like

I’d take mclugage over taranto. Still think he’ll be the best of that crop. Can’t complain with McGrath though