#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Thanks but where’s the fancy-schmancy graphics???

Massive fan of this bloke but he had the fumbles last week and we really need him to stand up today. Big opportunity to fire against the in-form team in the comp.

Show us what ya got, Andy.

1 Like

Show us ya ■■■■, Andy!

Fair to say I desperately missed his usual last quarter goals last week.

Had another really poor game today

3 Likes

Hes a worry

I love andy
I honestly do, i think hes a ripping kid And a good player.

But i honestly cant help but think we took the wrong player number 1, when you look at what mcclugage and Taranto are doing.
I really wanted us to take mcclugage and he has looked great this year.

1 Like

Hope we didn’t botch pick 1

Draft a mid, play him there from day 1.

Not hide on the bank flank.

Sam Walsh, straight in mid. McGrath 2 years on back flank and now doesn’t look anything like a mid.

1 Like

Why do we draft a half back flanker/mid and then play him on the wing that the ball rarely goes over to?

Not looking great by pick 1 standards

yeah, except he played as a back pocket in juniors.

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t be giving up on him making it as a mid.
Yes, we could throw him back into defence and he’ll probably be a very good defender for 10 years. I think that’s worst case scenario for where his career goes. Is that really a failure of pick 1?

But i’d Be persisting with him in midfield. He’s working hard. Good to see 8 tackles today. He’s been needing to tackle more, hopefully that’s the start of that.
If he keeps working hard things will turn and his confidence will improve. Just like the team

1 Like

He was hardly WOG.

Was involved a lot and had a pretty physical game. Just didn’t get much space or time today.

He will dare I say it, learn from it.

1 Like

10 Likes

What’s to say taranto and mccluggage would be playing any better had we drafted them? Or that McGrath wouldn’t look 10x better if Brisbane or GWS picked him up?

Our player development doesn’t exactly have a terrific history.

2 Likes

he was a midfielder in the TAC and averaged 32 touches a game lol

1 Like

I have massive worries that this is his peak. That we’ve drafted a bloke who dominated as a HBF in the under 18’s and can’t transition into the midfield full time, so now we have another HBF whilst our midfield is bare.

He can’t kick it 50m which really hurts his effectiveness with the ball. I like him but I’m very, very worried at his lack of development from year 1 to now.

What does his average possessions have to do with his position? Rory Laird averaged 32 touches a game last year out of the back line.

1 Like