#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

But he did average 32 disposals playing in the midfield for Sandy in his draft year.

He only played defence in the champs and in his junior year or when sandy needed a small forward shut out of the game.

1 Like

You obviously didn’t watch him as junior. The bloke is an out and out mid.
Get the tapes out before you pass judgment.
Kid is and will be a star

2 Likes

Gavin Wanganeen won a Charlie as a back pocket. No reason why Pidge can’t do the same. He is an excellent defender & can provide another attacking option outta defence when Saad & Irish are checked. I’d move him to a back pocket, but give him an occasional run on the ball, perhaps late in games.

8 Likes

Wrong hahaha,

Lose to one of the premierships favourites and all of a sudden Andy is no good,
We farkt up the draft,
Player x is better blah blah,
Nuffie central this place at times

12 Likes

Scott Wynd also won a brownlow in the 90s, No way a non-midfielder ever wins a brownlow ever again.

Our backline is already choccas, we need him through the midfield, and ideally in the form he was showing in the preseason.

1 Like

He is struggling at the moment. I agree that we need midfield support & I’d like to see him spend some time on the ball, however, for now I’d like to see him playing down back/part of a mid rotation (not floating about on a wing).

I need to watch a game? You’re the one calling him a star as is!

Ohh wow,
You are special

I hear ya, I’d like to see him play a defensive game whilst in the middle. Give him the challenge to shut down the oppositions prime movers. He could have had a run-with role on Kelly today for example.

Duncan was the one. Got off the leash & streamed forward countless times. No pressure applied on him, so he kicked three goals & had around double figures in terms of score involvements. Guthrie & Kelly hurt us as well. Yes, Pidge would have been better deployed to play a defensive mid role today, rather than float around on the outside. Up to the coaches to utilise players better.

1 Like

So are you blaming the coaches for today?

Solely? No. But they played their part.

I’m saying that a player of Andy’s talent could have been utilised better today.

ONLY ANDREW?

Of course, not. But, this is the Pidge thread. And shout again & you will be ignored.

1 Like

fair enough

He’s ball handling and disposal has been below average for most of the season - It’s a worry !

2 Likes

I reckon he can seriously play, but i do not see a midfielder at all. Leave him back

1 Like

Or chuck him forward.

3 Likes