#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

When he has the ball, everyone else in the backline looks to him for what we should do. Hurls + Kelly look like they’re waiting on MCG not the other way around.

2 Likes

Pretty much what I was thinking. Seemed involved in everything. I shouldn’t do it but what is this kid going to be like by game 50?

1 Like

Some player we have on our hands here. I mean the bloke was pick 1 so perhaps it shouldn’t be surprising - but 'blimey he looks the goods. His game awareness and decision making is amazing for an 18 yo 5 games in.

First quarter if it’s the one I’m thinking of.

44 Likes

geez I’m smiling after seeing it for the 10th time, and it’s not even a highlight!!

4 Likes

Sidebottom seems so nonplussed by it, almost like he thought it was a teammate coming over to get him out of it.
McGrath: “c’mon mate, you’re better than that.”
Sidebottom: “what? No I’m not.”

13 Likes

SB: “you’re right I should know better.”

1 Like

More like…
McGrath “lol, don’t bother cos Tippa will kick your ■■■ 3 times over before you even blink”
Sidey “Yeah I wish I was more like Tippa”

I’ll just channel Stallion for a sec here & be done…

OH BABY!

2 Likes

My god. He’s a complete gun. Always cool. Always looks like he has more time. Disposal is consistent and precise. He has great judgement. He’s hard. He’s fast.

Remind me why we were idiots to have picked him at #1 again?

2 Likes

“Hello Jacket store? Id like to order some more Jackets please”
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/TAC+Cup+Semi+Final+North+Ballarat+v+Oakleigh+tmHMwpzvbNHx.jpg

59 Likes

Yes, thank you! How much disdain Andy show?

1 Like

I’m prepared to eat a big ole piece of humble pie.

I wanted Clug (sure, was only based off YouTube vids, but still).

McGrath is just total effing class. I am convinced we will see him run the length of the field, do 3-4 bounces, 3-4 give n gets and kick goal of the year at some point.

He has already joined the list of Bombers who I would let hump me.

7 Likes

He simply was one of the highlights of Anzac day for me. I love how unphased he is in general and just does the business.

Mentally I haven’t seen many players at the same age, as advanced as this kid. Look out.

2 Likes

mcg is strange in a way.

its like he has 3 thoughts running in his head as to what to do, and just eliminates the wrong play instantly and snaps out what is the right way to go.

only problem is sometimes a senior player (and lets face it hes a first year so everyone is) calls for it and him being the good junior that he is gives it to them, sometimes this is the wrong play and he should back himself. only critique so far and its not really his fault.

11 Likes

Agree barnz, sometimes he should kick instead of giving that handball too. But you can always see he is dutifully carrying out his instructions as a first yearer.

1 Like

I’m just going OTTOMH at the end of a very long day, but I think it’s possible he is the most composed 5 game player I have ever seen.

4 Likes

I think in that GIF the last thing he says is “Enough” or something like “Perhaps consider undertaking more thorough research before embarking on such decisions in order to better mitigate your outcomes”.

18 Likes

Only if you’re a dons fans and like one

McGrath - ‘mate he’ll rip your head off and pee down the sides to the bottom, walk away’