#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

yep. last time I found myself watching one player so keenly was Jobe at his peak.

And[quote=ā€œjamie0491, post:2212, topic:3760, full:trueā€]
Could see him in his second year round up the troops at half time and give the group a spray just like Callum Mills did at the Swans last week.
[/quote]
And that worked well didnā€™t it!

1 Like

Ah yes I remember it well.

Midfield for the rest of the year!

1 Like

needs a fkg goal after sprinting 150 metres sidestepping ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  into next week.

100% agree. Lets see what heā€™s got.

Almost canā€™t afford to lose the bloke in the backlineā€¦ Heā€™s our most composed and reliable small/medium defender after 6 games. Of course he needs to go into midfield, thatā€™s a given, but he will be a loss to our back 6 that Iā€™m not sure we can afford given the amount of ball going in thereā€¦

3 Likes

Yep.
Harves wants him to stay in the backline.
Bluey wants to have him as a mid,
Skippy says he would be a handy player in the forward line.

The club has already taken a sample of his DNA and want to clone him.

2 Likes

If you get the ball in your forward line, you donā€™t need to worry about the backline.

1 Like

This is Adelaides philosophy

1 Like

Would rather him in the backline this year. Why?

1 - He is playing great and buildingā€¦why change a good thing?!
2 - Plus we just donā€™t have the depth in those running defenders positions like we used to. We need him down there otherwise we start to rely on Gleeson, etc. to do it.
3 - itā€™s very hard physically for a 1st year player to play in the midfield at AFL level, let alone do it for a full season. Will get small stints in the middle anyway as a building block for next year but I would try and nurture him through the year by doing his apprenticeship in the backlineā€¦let him win the Rising Star.

2 Likes

Do they even still exist?

Future Captain?

Thats what they wanted to do to replace Shaw when he retires

What a pity he couldnā€™t have celebrated his first goal a bit more. Plenty more to come, methinks!

I like the way he goes about his game.

So much growth still left in his game. Going to be insane how good he could be

1 Like

Ya think?? :wink:

I donā€™t reckon heā€™d be too concernedā€¦ given it was pretty clearly touched.

Whatever you think. Might have been touchedā€¦but the ball didnā€™t change trajectory so couldnā€™t be overturned. Having spent a few years goal umpiring, every fucking defender claims heā€™s touched every fucking goal, even if theyā€™re 30 metres away. Itā€™s in their DNA. I reckon thereā€™s an argument to allow touched goals.

1 Like

Touched or not, I think we can all agree that goal review system is effing useless.

1 Like