#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

It was designed to overule the shockers not the almost impossible to detect touches. So it’s doing its job.
Problem is once you bring in any system people start expecting it to fix/detect everything.

5 Likes

Maybe they can bring in hotspot, to see whether the ball was touched. Then that dingbat Taylor can say “boy oh boy wohee richo there is a spot there, the umpire was spot on”.

3 Likes

Maybe we should chuck him into the midfield firing of 25 quick handballs a game. It’s somehow managed to get Clayton Oliver into Brownlow contention.

2 Likes

About his goal and the review system.

The system works pretty well for what it was designed to do. You could not see any deflection of the fingers so therefore umpires call. For those saying it was clearly touched. What are you basing that on?

4 Likes

Clayton Oliver looks like a faster Scott West, loves the one two stat builder.

Ditto the Collingwood game, where we touched one, umpire called, review made it “umpire’s call” and idiots said “I don’t reckon he touched that”. Think it was Hurley, although there was another Hurley one where there was no evidence the other way.

Make him captain already

Will come back fresh as a daisy against the cats and get 80+ possessions and 9 goals in the midfield.

6 Likes

I actually think it brushed Goddard’s fingers on the way through.

I thought goddard’s finger did deflect back but it was only visible on the last frame by frame replay they showed as the bloke in the box was already relaying his decision.
Aside the obvious issues about the camera angles etc, it’s worth noting that any system that involves human interpretation of anything is open to human error. There’s always a chance the numpty in the box won’t know what he’s looking at on the screen.

1 Like

Basically - the entire game of Aussie Rules.

2 Likes

Or the definition of AFL umpiring.

lol thread title

1 Like

I fkn hate BT.

3 Likes

Got some of what you’re smokin spare there sj??

Must be fkn great!!

1 Like

Clearly not the “■■■, everyone knows I’m stoned, I’m gonna die, those people are cops for sure and all our players are cooked” stuff that gets handed to me…

2 Likes

IN.

1 Like

Should of played today. One of the few players able to run out a game and over the last few weeks actually gets better the longer it goes.
Subiaco isn’t the right place to drop your elite runners

8 Likes

I’d doesn’t bode well when your hanging for a first year player to return because of his work rate and skill.

19 Likes

I’d be more worried if the number 1 draft pick didn’t have a very high work rate, and very high skill levels.

That to me wouldn’t bode well for a No 1 Draft Pick.

2 Likes