#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Great pass by McKenna to. Took the hit and spotted up parish

1 Like

He is pretty much exactly what you would want from your first pick.

Slotted in to 22, holding his spot due to performance and a bunch of potential to be even more influential in games.

2 Likes

Burton hardly played a game last year.

Its a hit and miss award anywayā€¦ Lewis Taylor, Palmer, Richā€¦ not exactly setting the world on fire.

Not many players would be able to pull off that sort of handball.More and more you see why he was number 1.

1 Like

Mr Reliability is tracking well ā€¦ possession wise, run, reaction times, high disposal efficiency rate and the occasional eye catching/vote gathering move. Dead set champ in the making. Will be interesting to see what he could do in the middle

1 Like

Given how much Sam Powell-Pepper has tailed off since he started the season all guns blazing, it is great to see the McGrath has if anything improved on his performances as the season has progressed.

1 Like

SPP is just a big man child looking at him. Was always gonna have an initial impact but tailing off a bit as the season wears on. Heā€™ll be legit when he gets a tank Iā€™m sure, Ollie Wines 2.0.

David King reckons heā€™ll win the rising starā€¦
I agreeā€¦

I donā€™t think heā€™ll win the rising star, simply cos they seem to rate possessions more than quality.

He doesnā€™t get alot of it most of the time, but the things he does when he does get it, obviously may you go wow,

The hardest question over him in coming years will be, do you move him into the midfield, or keep him as a hbf with his composure and skill.

1 Like

But did he bet heā€™d win the rising star?

13 Likes

not even a questionā€¦ Heā€™ll be doing stints in there by the end of the year.

You couldnā€™t be happier with the decision by Dodoro to be honest.

The obsession with the ā€œā– ā– ā–  we need goal kicking midfieldersā€ to prop up scoring power of our team dead now given our fwd 6 actually doing what they are meant to be. Kicking sausages!

And McGrath has already shown glimpses that when he does move to midfield he will be a very dynamic player who has clean skills and makes great decisions.

4 Likes

Heā€™s in the top bracker for possessions amongst the rising stars in any event

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?rt=RA

David King also said at the start of last year that Zerret needed to up his game or face delisting

Bulldust, where did he say that ?

1 Like

I canā€™t recall him saying that

I do recall early on in a match where they do the obligatory , ā€œthis players going ok , this ones going not so wellā€ talk they do at the start he said [quote=ā€œAlber_Goodthur, post:2389, topic:3760ā€]

David King also said at the start of last year that Zerret needed to up his game and get more involved or words to that effect
[/quote]

Delisting part was not said though by my recollection.
I remember actually being quite stunned by that comment and it reinforced my opinion of King.
It was clearly his perception not the reality

1 Like

Maybe not delisting him but had a fair go at him, the 20 year old, starting his 3rd season.

King is ā– ā– ā– ā–  bag with little to no useful insight into the game, itā€™s tactics, environment, players etc.

1 Like

Agreed on all counts

Deserved more than a like, if only because it resembles me.

Still think McCluggage is a ripper, but every concern I had regarding McGrath is gone. Kid has been excellent.

Kudos to Shaw for recommending him, and Dodoro for picking him.