#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Essendonsnumberonedraftpickandrew McGrath must take up all the available space on his birth certificate.

7 Likes

Quiet first half, stepped up in the second.

Love that he doesnā€™t go back into his shell after a mistake or twoā€¦GUN

How good is he 1 on 1?!

Held his ground in so many 1 on 1ā€™s tonight - canā€™t wait till he is unleashed into the midfield

1 Like

Saw a tweet today from SEN about Terry Wallace crapping on about how Ryan Burton should be favourite for the Rising Star award.

So Andy comes out and puts in that performance to show the flog why he Burton isnā€™t.

2 Likes

What an absolute jet this kid is. The gift that keeps on giving

Terry Wallace comments should be taken with a grain of salt, this is the man who took Tambling, Oakleigh-Nicholls and Fiora

13 Likes

i donā€™t know how a guy can build his media persona over being a draft expert when he ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up a draft where they couldā€™ve taken buddy. or set a club back further than itā€™d ever been in his 40 year drought.

6 Likes

takes pack marks on the last line

1 Like

Time to put him in the guts.

2 Likes

This. He was one of the very few runners in the last quarter.

This guy is a gun and will win the rising star by a mile.

4 Likes

Itā€™s ridiculous how comfortable this guy looks at the level already. He looked a little overawed at the start of the season on occasion but he just oozes class & composure. Donā€™t give a fk whether he wins rising star award or not but this guy is a gun, weā€™re going to have some midfield in a couple years with he, Parish, Z Merrett, Langford, Fantasia etc running through there.

Iā€™ll admit to thinking McCluggage was best fit for us through last season, but having seen McGrath in the TAC GF, I didnā€™t think we could lose. We won the lottery big time with this kid.

12 Likes

He is a beauty

I was wrrā€¦ wwrrrrā€¦
The top 5 or so seemed so hard to split, it came down to fit for me. I always felt we had enough small mids - and I still do.
Having said that, he couldnā€™t have had a much better start to his career. Heā€™s such a competitor.

A bigger bodied mid this year thanks.

1 Like

Played well last night, tried really hard to drag his older team mates over the line

Reckon right now he would beat Burton by a nose. Going to be tight

Burtonā€™s been very good. I agree that thereā€™s very little in it.
Mcgrath right now but only just.

tough as nails

half a season to go, and pushed into the midfield who knows

watching the replay seemed to be our only player capable of sticking a strong tackle, him and Zerrett in the mid could be a real delight.

Ooh ahh midfield star.

Its time

1 Like

Into the guts with him.

ASAP