#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

I see your point.

I think Mills and Heppell still had jobs to do in shutting down forwards. And I actually think McGrath’s rebound game is a tad underrated this year. He is often tasked with running the ball out of defence which is huge sign of confidence from his team mates.

I think quite similar roles tbh

2 Likes

McGrath is averaging more possessions now than Mills did across all of last year

5 Likes

I agree completely, in fact him being underrated by the drongos who do the voting is precisely what I think will happen.

1 Like

Pickett, Brad Scott, Heppell and Mills have all won the award playing as defenders.

Yep absolutely.

But having said that if SPP wins he would be a very worthy winner.

To play inside mid and average 4 clearances a game is incredible for an 18 year old.

If Burton wins i’d be a tad disappointed - he is having a very similar year to McGrath and it’s his second season. He’s also 13cm taller than McGrath which in some pundits eyes makes him a better footballer and with loads more potential.

1 Like

Nice quote from Woosha today re McGrath and the midfield.
To paraphrase

He will play there this year … I know some want it to happen now but they don’t have a job here - they’ll have to wait.

So be patient or get a job at the club. What sort of job wasn’t specified.

Powell-Pepper was always going to have an outstanding first season. That was the main talking point leading up to the draft.

It’s about whether he can get better than he currently is. That’s the main question. It was definitely the concern I had about drafting him.

The judges love flashy brilliance

1 Like

With Parish out this week, this is a perfect opportunity for Woosha to give McG some midfield time.

Don’t be surprised.

Woosha you lol devil.

I’d doubt that someone being taller is a reason to place them behind another recruit.

Right now Id think Burton is ahead from what I have seen and just had a look at the stats and this confirms my view. There is still more than half a season to go through.

I’ve got some ideas about cutting edge supplements that I could pitch.

NO!

Despite what Woosha says I think it’s time that McGrath gets his go in the midfield. While it will be good for him, the team is crying out for him on-ball. We have pace, but it’s at the edges and up forward. On-ball we have big-bodied one-pacers, but lack breakaway speed and dash. I think he would make a big difference.

1 Like

Oh goody … cycling drugs!

So Rolo is a “Wheeler” Dealer?

2 Likes

Tour of Toowoomba man.

1 Like

At least in cycling there’s no ambiguity!

1 Like

Patience says Woosha.