#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

and he just called jamie cripps, patrick cripps…

Have any of McGrath’s opponents beaten him this year?

yep, funny thing is that Raz had the ball for quite a while, it wasn’t a get and give - you’d think he’d tell the difference… having said that - try commentating out loud for a sec when watching a game - it is ■■■■■■ hard. being accurate, on-time, varying things enough not to be repetitive, a bit of humor etc etc. really really hard, and the game keeps getting quicker…

2 Likes

Yeah sure its hard, but hes supposed to be a professional caller whose probably getting a paid a truckload of money to do it. if he cant do it well on national television, fark him off and get someone better.

for the record i dont really mind basil as a presenter and a personality. he was good when his was doing the footy news, but he is an absolutely dreadful commentator.

4 Likes

I agree that excuses don’t cut it - it’s his profession.
re: his dreadfulness - he ,makes mistakes but doesn’t annoy or make it about himself which is more than I can say about some others…

He’s fkg abysmal. makes BT look like a master of the craft.

5 Likes

Whinge whinge whinge

fair enough, I’d have a tough time recognising that legit spud (Jamie Cripps) if he stood up in my wheat bix.

Not convincingly no. Has lost a handful of one on ones but would say he’s halved or better most match ups. Did an exceptional job Betts after he took Baguley to the cleaners.

1 Like

If you put together a video of all the individual contests McGrath has lost this year… it’d be a very short video.

Extraordinarily reliable is Andy.

4 Likes

understatedly exceptional

Yeah, but if your lover boy Rancey stood up in your cereal I’m sure you would too :wink:

1 Like

Pretty recognisable is Alex. Even the most biased one eyed footy fan incapable of an objective view would recognise him… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Particularly if he was on that wonderfully girly scooter thing he rides.

1 Like

I thought the Jehovahs guy used bicycles, or does he get an exemption being the greatest JW defender ever.

1 Like

One of my big concerns with McGrath was whether hed be a stagnant ready made player. And yes he was a ready made had to play round 1 IMO. However he had so much scope for improvement and to impact games. Its not going to be like SPP who I think is basically as good as he’s gonna be. Well done Andy hope you continue to prove me wrong.

5 Likes

Love how he handpasses. It’s not old school like Jobe or Goddard, his arm moves more like he’s playing pool and he barely bothers to get the ball perfectly positioned.

Think that is unfair to SPP, has plenty of scope for improvement. Wish we he has lasted to our 2nd pick.

1 Like

LOL. Ben Ainsworth.

It’s his dual sidedness that is already so developed.

Both with hand and foot-precise and fast.

When he starts playing through the middle more often, slicing through zones with his pace, he’ll be a huuugggee weapon.

Gun.