#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

He’s battling against it. Not many players can improve their skill set and his kicking is far from great.

Any afl club will back itself to develop someone’s kicking.

1 Like

That may be true but I just don’t think he’ll improve that much

1 Like

Really impressed with this guys high level of skill, smarts, athleticism and team discipline.

I know pre-draft there was a lot of discussion about swapping 2 picks for pick 1.
We may never know definitively what the better option was, but geez, kid goes alright.

I’m not sure he’ll get much better either.
I reckon we are seeing about as good as he’ll get already.

Uh huh …

I don’t think Basil whinges much tbh. He’s just ■■■■ at his job.

Anyway Re: the Raz best and fairest thing, it’s because Raz did a quick one-two with Zach around the half back and Basil called Merrett’s name. And then despite the fact Raz went for a 10 second run up the middle of the ground that wasn’t enough time for Basil to re-calibrate and realise what he had just called.

He also called McKenna “O’Connor” at one point, surely invoking the wrath of @barnz. Hahaha

I take it you have a different view on Powell -Pepper. Care to share?

Who??, … ahhh, Nope. Crossed wires.

Thought there was a rather large urine extraction in ref to Macka.

1 Like

I feel sorry for the VFL players who’ll never get to play with him

I recall SMadden getting dropped to the ressies. Hard to imagine huh…

He held up ok tonight. Before the bounce swans players were running from everywhere to rough him up. They were like a pack of hienas. Was great when he got the first mark of the game!

1 Like

So I’ve cooled down a bit. I’d just like to mention how proud I was of McGrath when he launched himself at the blokes having a go at Bags in the 3rd quarter. That’s leadership right there. NOT GOING TO TAKE IT FROM ANYONE. I’m all in on this bloke he’s a winner.

10 Likes

Can he still win the RIsing Star? Burton is now clear favourite…:frowning:

Woosha mentioned a couple of weeks back that Andy was going to start to see more midfield time in the second half of the season.

Brissy would be as good a time as any I think.

Start him on a wing and see how he goes.

3 Likes

Of course he can. It’s out of him and burton and on current form, burton deserves to be favourite. He’s been outstanding. Still a lot of footy to play out yet though

McGrath needs to come home strong. Kick some goals, get close to 30 touches a few times. Needs to lift to win the award, has some tough competition now

Could not care less. Lewis Taylor won it…Bont, Zerrett and Kelly were in the same year. It is meaningless when projecting how a player will turn out.

McGrath is doing fine, absolutely no worry in my mind about him.

7 Likes

Got one hell of a wrapup from Goddard last night.

I am a little surprised that Powell “Dont argue” Pepper is not the favorite for the Rising Star. Any ideas?