#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Quote me - he will play Rd 1. I said it when he was drafted and I have not changed my tune since

Iā€™m playing the kid round 1, donā€™t think he was as bad as people thought against the Cats. First half I thought he fitted in nicely

1 Like

He will play

And the game ends 50-62.

I donā€™t think you can stop the hawks smalls/mids. I think we have to go it out with their midfield which is lacking some quality experience.

Funny how we all see things differently. I think their midfield is stronger this year. I reckon OMeara and Mitchell are better than Lewis and Runner Up.

4 Likes

Geez Iā€™d be worried about Bags on Rioli. I know he will improve a lot on yesterdayā€™s performance but not in two weeks with no more game time in which to resolve things.

I know we donā€™t have many other options but I am all about raising problems and not providing solutionsā€¦itā€™s why I do so well in the public service.

2 Likes

I think they are a upgrade on Lewis but hate him or not Sam Mitchell is a absolute gun and currently Tom Mitchell or JOM arenā€™t fit to lace up his boots

4 Likes

Gleeson will have trouble with Puolpolo. Not strong enough and not fast enough.
I have a feeling we will need to be extra creative for this one.

Call me mad but Id roll the dice on this Bags just not up to it atm

McG Rioli
Irish on popy
gleeson on breust

If they are going to hurt us at ground level anyway we may as well try and match there speed. Then if have the chance attack and score at the other end.

2 Likes

Poppy will jump on Connorā€™s head. 10 times. Iā€™m going to have nightmare premonitions tonight.

3 Likes

Sorry to do that to ya dellšŸ˜„

Iā€™d play McKernan on Rioli, freeing up McGrath to play ruck. He really needs to get those hitout stats up.

8 Likes

Sheeds wouldā€™ve taken Rioli

Puopolo has lost some of the main tricks in his bagā€¦ as long as the umpires stick by the new ā€œinterpretationā€

2 Likes

Poppy likes to zone off, I think Gleeson would have him on the marking side, not allowing him to fly. I think he would be able to zone off him when he moves up field.

Pressure the fkg ball carrier and they wonā€™t be a problem

7 Likes

Maybe we are easing him in with only playing him for that amount of time spent on the ground? Iā€™m really not sure.

1st year player playing less than 50% game time in the final practice match after playing the first two sounds a bit like a guy whoā€™s being managed for Round 1 to me. Could be completely off the mark.

8 Likes

I think everyone was being managed, but given round 1 was 2 weeks away, youā€™d think he would have been able to recover from a full JLT game.

How the hell is he meant to be able to play a full AFL match if they havenā€™t given him serious JLT minutes?

On this logic I would have thought they are planning to overlook him for round 1, but he could be building up his tank in non-match training.

Playing time and recovery can get in the way of training, so who knows, maybe he was able to run 20km on Monday instead of sitting in an ice bath.

1 Like

He is going to play round one and you are all going to like it.

14 Likes