#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

He’ll be a gun, the next few years are gonna be good, just as long as we stay patient this year.

1 Like

Yep, transfer request incoming.

1 Like

Yep, with you on that one.

Just so long as you don’t mean “we” as in Blitz. Patience and Blitz are about as compatible as oil and water.

I am dreading the day when he has a below par game and we get the calls for him to be dropped to the 2nds or made trade bait with Ricky Dyson.

FFS, why are we not playing the kids!

This club is farked

2 Likes

Well done Andy fantastic effort. I am going to say something I thought I would not need to at the start of the year. Our midfield is struggling for speed, and struggling to put any pressure on if we loose the ball. We need the likes of him in the midfield now! Not talking big minuets but Himself, Walla, and Fanta should all be used in there. I recon if one of these guys in there it makes a big difference.

3 Likes

Barracked for St Kilda as a kid

Dad’s a director at KPMG, they know about jumping ship.

1 Like

That is a good thing and soon enough he will be leading the backline.

Very well deserved rising star nomination. I can’t wait til he moves into the mid rotations.

http://s9.postimg.org/9tan1tk6n/ezgif_com_video_to_gif.gif

Well deserved.

3 Likes

Well done Andy. He’s probably the fast, strong, clearance mid that we are crying out for at the moment. Give him a go in the guts at the end of quarters I say.

1 Like

Andy is a cult figure in the our area. Just dropped my boy off at Dragons training and they are all taking about it. Coaches and players alike. I’m sure it will be talked about at BGS assembly tomorrow. Well deserved!

12 Likes

[quote=“barnz, post:2020, topic:3760, full:true”]

Dad’s a director at KPMG, they know about jumping ship.
[/quote]PwC actually. They know all about manipulating the regulator/judge… in Luxembourg at least.

People want him moved to the midfield. Think he could feel the linking role now filled by Stanton.

Buncha farkin losers.

1 Like

I mostly agree with you Munna, Firstly, our fast mids Trav, Zerret and Darcy need to spend more time in the middle, because they have been training in stoppage craft. Other fast players who have been training with forward or defensive groups such as Andy, Tippa, Fanta and Green need to spend some time at training learning how to play at stoppages,

One technique that Adelaide were using was running 2 forwards off the defensive side of the square to hit the midfield group with forward momentum… I believe this greatly helped them to move the ball forward in the first Quarter.
We may need to adopt new strategies like that. eg. Using Tippa /Fanta /Green in this way

2 Likes

We have used our forwards this way already, Fantasia especially. It seems to be a pretty common tactic across the league right now.

1 Like

Good point and I agree. Despite the loss the think the team and coaching staff will have learnt a hell of a lot from that game.

Love in the presser when he talks about playing on Eddie Betts. For a start just concentrating on beating him. Then he said he tried to attack to make Eddie accountable. This is the type of player he will be, absolutely shut down the best small fwd, then then burn them the other way.

Or pic up 35 to 40 in the midfield, will be able to play where needed.

10 Likes

I have seen enough of him at AFL level now, he will be a star before the end of this season, and will finish in the top 5 of the Crichton.