#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Was good again today, for a young guy in only his 5th game, boy oh boy wow wee.

A little champ.

13 Likes

What a great start to a AFL career. I’m trying to work out who he reminds me of but I’m starting to think others will be compared to him.

9 Likes

Great game again. Love it how he feels the big moments in games and tries to take it in. I think it was early in the last when he ran handballed, recieved handballed, run and was again there if needed in one play, which I might add resulted in goal. Big game player, and a big moment player.

4 Likes

Averaging 76sc a game… Mills last year averaged 77 and he won the Rising Star… no real link, but food for thought.

4 Likes

Managed by Connors so someone else will

6 Likes

Would like him to use his brilliant kicking skills more. Sometimes a little quick with his handballs, but this may improve as the team gels better and his team mates understand what he will do in a certain situation.

2 Likes

You can see why GWS were so keen on him, imagine if they had McGrath in their backline :frowning:

4 Likes

Fletcher-like in making me feel safe when he’s got the ball.

10 Likes

Wanganeen-like in his agility, tidiness, quick thinking & speed!!!

12 Likes

Puts me at ease when he has the ball.

I can’t remember the moment, but at some point he half-heartedly shoved a Pie, with a look on his face like, “Take it easy, mate, I’m disappointed in you.”, while thinking to himself, “I’m so above this.”

13 Likes

I so underrated this kid, every time I see him play the more amazed I become, this kid has it in spades.
I love this kid so much, so happy our recruiters identified such an amazing talent like this.

For the old guys on Blitz, I put it that he is the best 1st year player since Barry Davis because of his skills , poise and effectiveness.

3 Likes

Loved this. Like Dad settling the kids.

4 Likes

“Ugh, you’re gonna come at me with aggression? Pfft, I’m gonna kill you by a thousand cuts.” rolls eyes

5 games in and he’s probably our most reliable backman at present.

so far the kid is definately worth the hype. Can’t wait to see how good he is when he gets afl fitness, cos he’s cruising on half a fitness base of most other players.

4 Likes

Pretty sure this was when Walla got the HTB on Sidey, possibly Q3? Someone should GIF it.

2 Likes

Thanks man, I know it was in the second half, but that’s it.

Yep. And can I just note that his height has never once looked like it was limiting him.

2 Likes

Surprised to see he only got 19 touches.

felt like he had 30 by 3 qtr time.

6 Likes