#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

‘Yeh my last one was XXL, so I suppose to fit over the others, maybe XXXL?’

Right hand - Jackets store.
Left hand ?

1 Like

He’s got Barry Davis eyes

9 Likes

Reminds me of Wanganeen in his first year without the maniac attack on the ball.
Solid defensively, unflustered under pressure and confident enough that he is already showing signs of his run and carry from his junior days.
Got to love a kid that on the biggest stage he’s played on, when the game is still yet to be won, he sets the attacking tone for the team at the start of the last quarter, with that run and carry which results in a goal.
With Jerrett, Darcy and Parish we have a strong and hard upcoming leadership group.

1 Like

How many no. 1 draft picks have won the rising star?

Two.

Deledio and Nick Riewoldt in his 2nd year.

2 Likes

Pretty much agree with this but really confused by the last sentence.

2 Likes

Save a piece of pie for me. As for the humping, You’re on your own

3 Likes

What I love about Andy is that in most of the games this year he has provided that spark and run in the last quarter.

What I also love is that the players want him involved in the last quarter, they realise how important his run is. That give from Zerrett in the last quarter just shows how much the boys value his run and carry.

1 Like

There was a guy behind us at the game who was convinced 5 minutes into the second quarter that McGrath would be playing VFL next week and spent the rest of the game saying so. However at half time he also put made a joke bid of $450 at an auction, no-one else bid and he was forced to pay up for a jumper he never wanted, so maybe his judgement can’t be trusted.

5 Likes

some bozo near us was preaching “premiership quarter” when they hit the front, all be it briefly, in the 3rd… I reminded him it was April, not September…

flogs.

4 Likes

Wanganeen comparisons are understandable but a tall order for the kid to live up to. For one, Wanganeen not only had that kamikaze attack on the footy, he could take speccies against much bigger opponents, to go with pace, composure and great disposal. Being able to see even some similarities is a great compliment to MCG after a handful of games, so good on him. Certainly worth the pick so far. Robert Shaw must be walking with a slightly told-you-so, puffed-out chest these days!

Lol, flogs.

They were ahead for all of 55 seconds if memory serves me right. Must have been enough time for them to sprout their ■■■■ before immediately turning sheepish.

3 Likes

Not even 55 seconds. More like 10.

1 Like

Just enough time for the umps to run the ball back to the middle

1 Like

That centre bounce straight after they hit the front with momentum, if you remember Danniher for one thing, make it that 15 seconds there. The cajones on the lad “They’ve hit the front, better take this ball and smack a 90 metre goal”

hoof

game dons

brb going to watch replay again

6 Likes

Whilst you’re at it take a look at the Heppell handball that got it to him

2 Likes

put $190 on him for rising star at $7 at half time on friday night when SPP was having a quiet one

he’s already down to $3.75

1 Like

Andrew McRisingStar

2 Likes

Sure, the Hepp handball was great. I liked Goddard’s contribution before that too!

1 Like