#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

For mine he’s a lock for round 1, just does things right at the right times.
Will improve out of sight by season end.

Just makes the right decision time after time. I reckon he is a lock for R1.

It’s pleasing to get a first year draftees who is defensively sound from Round 1.

He got more of it today and looked quite capable.

He did make a mistake or two but so did Goddard, Watson, Parish, etc so I guess he’s on their level now.

Don’t recall seeing him kick often, but geez, those hands. If he missed a target by hand it wasn’t often. Plays Rd 1, and if Hodge et al try to rough him up then Buddha responds in kind, with interest.

McGrath’s are safe in the backline, but that’s not what McGrath’s are drafted for.

Just a ready made footballer, who in 2-3 yrs will be part of the starting midfield. Let him grow into it.

Was a lot better this week. Improve again next week and should get a start round 1. Tracking nicely.

He’s definitely playing round one, hence the simplified role he is playing for us so far. Woosha knows that at AFL level he has the skills to lock down players and get a bit of link up. It’s a solid foundation and allows him to play in the 1’s all year. As a midfielder (which he will be come) he would be peripheral back and forth from VFL to AFL.

Could play midfield all year at AFL level if we wanted him too.
He’s an absolute gun!!!

How did he slip to 1?

Looks like Diesel’s coaching has rubbed off on him

McG & Parish & Zerret oh my…

1 Like

Those quick release handballs, oh my. A couple of them displayed really great vision as well. He tackles, he spoils, and when he starts playing his natural game he will be an offensive weapon. Really excited about this kid.

He doesn’t just dish off safe sideways/backwards handballs, he actively looks to cut through the defensive lines and get the ball to a player moving forward.

Love his handball and tackling. Now I want to see him run. Apparently he’s OK at that too.

Not worried about him at all, can seriously play.

Getting better with every game. I fully expect him to play round 1 now. Went on a couple little runs today which didn’t eventuate to much but he seemed a little reluctant to do that as opposed to just handball it off…looking forward to when he’s comfortable enough to go for those runs and execute kicks. Shouldn’t take long.

There were a few overlapping runs where he wasn’t used that had me yelling at the TV.

There were a few overlapping runs where he wasn't used that had me yelling at the TV.

Me all last year with Parish.

Seriously, Dodoro’s done his job.
He’s given us the raw talent over the last few years.
It’s down to the coaching staff to make sure we get the best out of them now.

1 Like

He’s a fkn gun. I didn’t watch hrs of him pre-draft but I’m hoping as he gets more confidence that the kick on the end of his 2 and 3 touch runs is good to very good to elite. If it is… this kid will be special.

Great kid on and off the field. I like him. Hope he plays Round 1.