#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Agreed, we were hoping one of florent, venables or simpkin to slide to our second pick but all got taken one after the other. All good though, we stole the Fridge!

I can see McGrath setting up a lot of slingshot attacks from half back and even push up into the midfield if the contest is close enough.

Reminds me a lot of Dane Swan with how he runs.

Whats the point of any of it??

May the footy gods grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference

2 Likes

That quote?

Albert Einstein.

We could chase Simpkin from north, surely he doesn’t want to play in a shot side for 5-7 years.

2 Likes

Surely after that debut, Dodoro managed to slide over the top a sixth jacket.

7 Likes

I keep motioning to rename the thread title to this.

2 Likes

From my reading, might be part of the Twelve Steps program for AA, GA, NA etc.

You mean, we were kidding ourselves that other teams would be stupid enough not to see these players’ talent and would instead pick rubbish and leave them to us.

1 Like

I don’t see your point.

1 Like

.#1 Andy McGrath - Certainly No Pigeon

robbed he was, picken

1 Like

Editor is weird … put a hashtag in front of anything and it becomes a headline, … and the # disappears.

#whydoesthishappen.

Two collingwood fans go round the outside, round the outside.

Simpkin would be a good get, but isn’t one of his positive traits a good amount of loyalty.

Markdown syntax.

"#’ is the code for a header text.

use “\ #” instead, without the space in between the backslash and hashtag.

e.g:

#RAZFANTASY

vs.

#RAZFANTASY

3 Likes

It suits the Darcy “Darcy Parish” Parish thread title better

1 Like

It was written by the American Theologian Reinhold Niebuhr, AA appropriated it from his Serenity Prayer (c.1932).

For the secular majority, if you take out the first word and merely rely on an unnamed source, this is not a bad philosophy for a saga affected football club and its supporters, which I think BSD was getting at.

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,

2 Likes

Good philosophy for Ben Cousins. But If he hasnt hit rock bottom yet, it will not work.

More likely we were just hopeful. That said, given our list demographics and need for intercept markers, I’m pretty happy on what I’ve read on Ridley. Getting Begley and Mitch where we did seems (off limited exposure/U18 notes) very good business.