#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

what percentage game time did he play in the 1st two games?

1. 63
  2. 75
  3. 47

His output roughly correlated with his time on ground.

1 Like

Nah, jump on an irishman’s head once, shame on him. Jump on an irishman’s head twice and he’ll bash the living ■■■■■ out of you you ******* **** ******!!!

1 Like

Have we been spoiled by Parish and Heppell given how good they’ve looked since week one when this guy’s a higher pick than both.

Really? I mean, their own club rated them #1 and #2 last year. They also lost Hill. And Hodge and Burgoyne are both a year older. I just can’t see how their midfield isn’t weaker than previous. Especially when you consider they won something like 6 games by less than a goal. There is no way T. Mitchell and O’Meara can match the cool heads of S. Mitchell and Lewis in a tight game (IMO).

7 Likes

They’re not that far off the waning duo. They’ll overtake them end of next year, if not earlier, imo.

No question that they’ll over-take them. Even maybe this year depending on decline. The question is if they can be as good as they were last year. Because if they can’t, if one or both of Hodge & Burgoyne decline, if they can’t replace Hill, then that team goes backwards in the middle. And if overall they’re one goal a game worse - then they’re on the brink of missing the eight given how many wins last year were less than a goal.

Well, that’s the bet, isn’t it?
I think, despite how much I’d rather they fail, they have made very good choices for replacements.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree they did as well as they could with replacing them. I just don’t think they’ll be as good this year. And O’Meara is one injury away from not being as good ever.

Only saw the replay last night and i thought he was alright. Only got beaten in 1 contest i could see and as usual made good decisions and had quick hands.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think we’re just getting greedy.

I said before the JLT there was no guarantee he’d play Round 1, and that that was alright. On the back of the JLT I’d be comfortable with him getting a game, although I do think Dea and McKenna could consider themselves unlucky. Partially that they weren’t even given a second JLT match each, despite both playing well at the back end of last year, and decently in their respective JLT matches.

Imo, they’ll barely make finals.

T Mitchell will see how figjammed & fcked up the joint is,then turn on them and be a dud until he gets out… and O’Meara will have ongoing knee issues, & hardly play a game, and the Hawks will be screwed for a decade or more …

Chant it with me …

3 Likes

Thread needs more Wannabe Jnr news.

3 Likes

I’m all for some SMitchell and JLewis bashing… but I think it is wrong to suggest that have been replaced/upgraded yet…

TMitchell is a very good player (VERY) but we are yet to see if he can play the #1 extractor role week in and week out. At this stage SMitchell has him covered by a mile.

Remember how we were all hopefully that Zaka was going to step up and be elite last year with his moment to shine? I am fully aware that TMitchell is a better player than Zaka but I also think he was just one cog in an awesome machine in Sydney and let’s wait until he reproduces that as the main man before we claim is better than a multiple B+F winner, former Captain and Brownlow***** Medallist.

I think JOM has the potential to be elite and I really really really wanted him to pick EFC but again, to suggest he is already ahead of Lewis seems a little off. Lewis was a cool customer that could play inside and out. Genuine match winner that was capable of turning an entire game on its head regularly when required. JOM hasn’t even managed to string 3 games together in two years… and there is no proof he can play an inside role if required. Smooth operator who I think will be a star but right now doesn’t have the runs on the board.

So I may be in the minority but I would much prefer to face TMitchell/JOM/Shiels/Vickery than SMitchell/Lewis/Hodge/McEvoy

2 Likes

I’m telling you all, when the serious ■■■■ starts O’Meara’s knee is going to go “POP”

2 Likes

I can’t see anyone here saying the new duo are better than the older duo, can you?

Hmmm. Yes.

1 Like

Fwiw o’meara’s efficiency on the weekend was 59%, hardly s Mitchell like

1 Like