#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Fair enough - I missed that.

Damn you, Boot.

5 Likes

I genuinely hope that doesn’t happen. I suspect you may be correct though or alternatively it will just become painful.
I think Tom Mitchell could be a seriously good player.

Gee Taranto looks good. I warned the club about passing up on the Italian kids. When will they freaking learn!

1 Like

They just resigned Fantasia so maybe they’re learning

Need more.

Will play, and will be given Puopulo as his first task in AFL. Has the speed, the leap to go with him. Will struggle with strength and obviously experience. But he’s only going to get it one way.

Welcome to the big time kid, you’re gonna be a star.

4 Likes

Sack Dodoro… no wait…

I don’t think Reboot was saying that. Isn’t his point that you’d take T Mitchell and O’Meara in 2017 over the present versions of S Mitchell and Lewis, not their peak versions? I’d agree to that.

And it’s technically not saying that the new duo are better than the old duo :wink:

1 Like

I know some people are questioning why would we manage him in the JLT and it looks like it could potentionally hurt him running out afl games but I’m thinking thats totally incorrect. Think we will manage him through the year but I don’t want him burning out either. I do trust what worsfold and Mr crow are doing with the players, they’ve done a supurb job over the last year.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that one of Andy’s traits is coming on strong in the last quarter of games.

Agreed. Anyone who doesn’t think that these guys have every minute of their training managed in the pre-season is kidding themselves, and that includes JLT games.I would imagine that these blokes have been run ragged over the past few months to get the k’s into their legs, building the base that will carry them through the season proper. It could partly explain the blazing 1st halves we have had and then the drop off in effort in the 2nd.

I am confident that we will see a very different team run out on to the field and compete for 100% of the game against the Hawks. I hope that team will include young Pigeon and we see the turn of speed and late game endurance he was talked up for.

9 Likes

I can’t believe Wannabe Jr wasn’t the #1 pick of the AFL captains to win the Rising Star.

I like whoever picked Watson to win the Brownlow, though.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-03-16/the-captains-call

4 Likes

I have absolutely ‘no doubt’ who made that pick :wink:

3 Likes

Cotchin?

3 Likes

I think he’s going to be on the footy show in a moment.

was he on it? i might consider skipping though 98% of the show so i can watch him on there

2 Likes

F[quote=“sj_2150, post:1418, topic:3760”]
show
[/quote]

Yeah he was on it…he seemed very loose…wasn’t afraid to speak his mind…I liked it.

If you give it a little while, I reckon the club will put up his bit on the website today.

I guess we need to compare Mitchell and O’Meara to Hawks likely picks at the draft.

Pick 10 (2017 1st rnd pick, 23, 36) + Pick 14.

14 - Todd Marshall - Mitchell
10 - Jack Bowes - O’Meara

now you would say Hawks are winning on those trades early on.
If O’Meara does a knee or Marshall turns into elite forward things may change

Mitchell is a gun mid.
And will be a better player when he is not restricted midfield minutes due to so many other good mids in the team. He is a work horse. This will be his best fantasy year. As he is a contested ball winner, clubs wont tag him.
His knock at the swans was he is poor by foot (In comparison to Parker/Hanneberry/Kennedy). Well he is not Sam mitchell as far as can use any side and hit a target under pressure, think more Justin Murphy bombing the ball forward from a stoppage, Ok probably a bit better than his kicking.

I would have loved Mitchell at Essendon.

1 Like

Hawks wouldn’t have got Bowes, he was a GC academy selection. Likely Oli Florent, who went to Sydney at pick 11.