#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Please don’t put us bald blokes in the same category as this dipstick

Never in doubt. Congratulations Andy.

Zach Hep MCG

That’s a midfield to build around

Don’t rate Parish?

Or Kelly?

1 Like

Zach, Hepp, McG, Parish, Zakka, Kelly

Flag.

Apparently Kelly’s not happening.
Begley and Mutch will help though

1 Like

Fair play.

Just wanted a starting centre line in the post

Wonder if Parish is in the school of “Be Like Zach”. Hope so because a Zerrett, Parish and McG together is going to be a beautiful thing for many years to come.

Over the moon he won!! I’ll be honest and say that Burton would have been a very deserving winner too had he taken the chocolates. Pity they couldn’t split it, they were both equally as great in their own way IMO.
Really though Hawks fans shouldn’t be that ■■■■■■ off as they have ten year of Burton to enjoy, unless he wants to upgrade to the red and black of course.

1 Like

So pleased this young gun is a Bomber. Seems like an incredibly decent human too, which although non-essential in AFL world, is incredibly refreshing.

Congrats Andy McG

1 Like

I’m surprised it was such a clear win by 10. But, he’s pick 1 and they tend to get favoured in things. And, you know what, w got pick 1 so suck it up everyone else. It’s our turn.

6 Likes

Edit

Gun. Contract extension, please.

Need to lure some of his Sandy Dragons mates to join him in next few years.

Prediction for Andy for 2018: AA team.

1 Like

Yeah, AA next. Not sure if the Charlie or the Norm Smith will come first. Both in the same year? Going to be pretty amazing considering it will all happen before he’s 23.

His value just increased by 30%+.
AFL playing the long or not so long game.

1 Like

We were always going to be arm wrestling Connors on the next contract. Hopefully not too much.

At a stage in the Fremantle game when the scores were close - Deep in defence where Goddard horribly fumbles a ground-ball, then McGrath sweeping behind, picks up the ball and in one motion handballs to a team-mate - That sums it up.

3 Likes

Absolute lock for captain at some point. Pretty strong club position to be in with a young Hepp already leading with JD 23 or 24, Junior 21 and Pidge 19 or 20 to come. Fizzing at the bit

I love seeing good people succeed, especially for us (obviously).