#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Hey there SJ — Not sure if this is the one but certainly got some footage of them both being interviewed on the SCG:
wwos.nine.com.au/2016/11/24/11/55/afl-to-decide-on-gws-draft-picks-thursday

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Fark, I love the way this young fella goes about his footy. His move, hopefully, into the midfield next year will be fantastic to watch.

15 Likes

McGrath’s awareness and instinct is as elite as you can get.

2 Likes

The speed and quality of his decision making under pressure is as good as I’ve seen for a long long time.

1 Like

Sounds like Kell was holding back a bit in that piece. Kind of honoured to write about someone who is going to be something. Can’t wait to watch his second season. The linking up from defense through McGrath and co is going to light up the comp. Then “Big Joe” as young miss HowMany calls him, will be plucking and scoring like clockwork.

Thats the one! Thanks Marlowe!

However Im pretty sure there’s an uncut version too. Cant find it for the life of me.

It was a good interview because it was the first time during that period where I thought that we would choose Andy over Hugh. He just oozed confidence and felt like a genuine leader.

The guy just oozes maturity. We’re so lucky to have this bloke.

4 Likes

Can somebody name someone in the AFL who has ever had quicker hands then this kid. The speed at which he can grab the ball then handball is quicker then anyone I can remember…ever.

3 Likes

“McGrath said he had trained for six weeks out of his eight week break in a bid to ensure he would improve on his stellar first season of AFL football. The 2016 No.1 draft pick spent two full weeks doing no training while on holiday in Canada, but said on a second holiday that he did train.”

Star

2 Likes

I want to know how many Timbits he ate and what his favourite Timbit is. If it’s Honey Dip then I question his decision-making skills.

2 Likes

Whereas Parish said his body needed the rest.

Parish?

Yes, Parish, from interview yesterday.

Parish?

Parish?

1 Like

Austin Lucy. But to be fair, his hands did have a shorter distance to travel.

1 Like

That was a reply to who handballs quicker than McGrath

His certainly quick, but I recon MCG has him covered.

1 Like

Fine, I quoted the post closer to mine than the fast handball one (and the only one that actually made sense if you were assuming there was a valid context to my statement).

Nope.