#1 Andy McGrath loves finals football (Part 1)

Travis Johnstone would be the last one

1 Like

@Munchen_Don getting through the stats 30 seconds faster than me.

1 Like

I should get back to work

Goddard on Talking Footy was asked about Andy “if he doesn’t win the rising star, I think it’s rigged”

28 Likes

So the answer to the man’s question is yes then,… Andy McStar will be the 1st NUMBER ONE draft pick, to play finals in his 1st year on an AFL.list.

1 Like

…since Travis Johnstone.

1 Like

Just saw that Will Hayward is the R23 nomination. Do they announce the winner during the bye weekend?

You’re right. Came in for a losing final in 98 after not playing since June.

Bugger.

Yeah. Going to be awkward when Burton wins it and McGrath gets the Norm Smith.

6 Likes

Yeah I hope I haven’t jinxed it!! But yeah - Travis Johnstone played a semi in 98

There is always a leak in the rising star result (hi David King hi). So all you have to do is follow the money.

Burton is odds on. He wins.

4 Likes

Who votes and the voting system basically guarantees the odds on favourite wins anyway. They don’t vote until the end of the year, and everyone’s been soaking in the “Burton’s the best, McGrath’s next” coverage for the last couple of months. Then the WA and SA voters will have their "biased Vics overlooking <insert WA/SA player> " nominees, and that’s the voting.

As sad as it is, there is no way the AFail will allow MCG to win the Rising Star. The ‘optics’ will not permit it.

1 Like

It will be nice to hear from him on this weeks Hard Tag. I like the relaxed format and both Belly and Hooksy are funny buggers. Where is Jack Post from? I like that he sounds a tragic Bombers supporter.

3 Likes

Was actually thinking about having a punt however you’ve steered me clear and I’m in total agreement about your thoughts on there most definitely being a leak.

Part of the Hamish and Andy radio show.

That’s their studio they broadcast their show from.

3 Likes

So far he hasn’t stuffed up hitting the buttons. It’ll happen though…

On an amusing related note, the second episode of Rohan Connolly’s new podcast took them 2 attempts because he forgot to press record the first hour long recording session.

2 Likes

Reckon McGrath is a chance. Remember the year Hepps won it, Shuey had a great year but was in the system longer. There have been other instances where they favour the 1st year player.

In saying that the AFL want a good news story coming out of Hawthorn.

Here’s a good news story out of hawthorn: they didn’t make the finals. Who didn’t smile about that?

30 Likes

Clarko didnt smile, could be because he is just a plain ■■■■ bag that ate a bag of dicks. Anywho i think thats a great story and pigeon ramjet should win it.